Xenons/LEDs - do you get flashed a lot?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

funkyfresh

Car
C250 CDI AMG Sport Coupe
Since getting my new car with the swivelling xenons I've been flashed a lot more where people think the main beam is on.

In my area the street lighting goes off at midnight. So I guess a lot of people assume my main beam is on.

Anyone else suffer this?

I do suffer from having my eyes burnt out by xenons. Especially from SUV type vehicles.

Do I get em a flash, absolutely. Dip or main beam its hard to tell from my position.

Do you get flashed from fellow drivers of xeons equipped vehicles.

I've only ever been flashed by halogen drivers. Just quite annoying. Sometimes tempted to flash them back but then I would be just as annoying!

Got to say though, xenons are really good, amazing how much more uniform and bright the beam scatter is.

Never been flashed because of my Xenons.

Only recently flashed as thanks for my generous motoring etiquette.

Hi,
If you are getting flashed that much I would get their alignment checked.

I've got bixenons. Never get flashed.

As Andy says , get the alignment checked.

I get flashed quite often, I have the BMW adaptive beam so they decide when to use full beam and split it around vehicles in the road travelling in both directions.

I think it is these that can get confused or be a little slow to react.

I am guessing the OPs setup is similar.

S

Since getting my new car with the swivelling xenons I've been flashed a lot more where people think the main beam is on.

In my area the street lighting goes off at midnight. So I guess a lot of people assume my main beam is on.

Anyone else suffer this?

Are they self adjusting or is there a height adjustment wheel next to the headlight switch?

No offence and I only ask because I have been told, on more than a few occasions, very righteously, that they "set it to five because I want my headlights to be on the highest brightness setting." I kid you not.

Only enquiring as the previous owner might be one of 'them' and you may not have noticed.

Are they self adjusting or is there a height adjustment wheel next to the headlight switch?

No offence and I only ask because I have been told, on more than a few occasions, very righteously, that they "set it to five because I want my headlights to be on the highest brightness setting." I kid you not.

Only enquiring as the previous owner might be one of 'them' and you may not have noticed.

Xenons should not have the height adjustment, it should be auto/self levelling

Its annoying

replace with normal bulbs problem solved

Last edited:
They are self adjusting, so no option for me to even change the height.

E270, if only things were that black and white.

Had an Omega with HIDs for seven years and never got flashed. As others said they are self-leveling so should not dazzle oncoming traffic.

They are self adjusting, so no option for me to even change the height.

E270, if only things were that black and white.

They are not self adjusting they are auto levelling. The correct position still needs to be manually aligned in the first place.
A Xenon headlight adjusts for height and direction exactly like the Halogen version.

For info Halogen headlights with the adjuster/dial wheel, should be adjusted/aligned with the dial wheel set at "0" position 1-3 then lower the headlight aim to compensate for load in the vehicle.

They are not self adjusting they are auto levelling. The correct position still needs to be manually aligned in the first place.
A Xenon headlight adjusts for height and direction exactly like the Halogen version.

For info Halogen headlights with the adjuster/dial wheel, should be adjusted/aligned with the dial wheel set at "0" position 1-3 then lower the headlight aim to compensate for load in the vehicle.

Hmmm this makes me think that when the PDI was done they may not have been correctly adjusted. Will take a trip to the dealer.

Mine went through a phase of self-levelling too high.

My inde reset them but to no avail.

Just fixed themselves eventually and I stopped getting flash.

Issue hasn't re-occurred since (a good three years ago it happened).

Never been flashed because of my Xenons.

Only recently flashed as thanks for my generous motoring etiquette.

+2

Maybe for the reason that my choice of car sits lower than the average height, I tend to get dazzled by the higher vehicles, regardless of the bulb type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom