Xentry TIPS users?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Diesel Benz

MB Enthusiast
Car
223.168 & 213.012 & 214.005 & 906.633
Anyone here using Xentry TIPS, have you noticed problems reading vehicle datacards? I'm getting at least two different error messages, depending on the VIN I try. I wonder if this is an issue with the service, can anyone confirm observing the same?

Thinking of subscribing to this service.
Can anyone confirm if they have found it very useful?

I have found it well worth the money (after all it is only 15 Euros per year for me). I consider this more useful than EPC which costs the same. TIPS gives data cards too, for all regions unlike the Euro EPC service.

For a person who is only interested about the info for one particular car, the info may not be that significant.

But since it is not that expensive, I would subscribe for a year and if it turns out useful, continue the subscription after the year.

By the way, the data card database issue was only temporary.

I already subscribe to the EPC and use it all the time.
I have WIS too, so do you think I'll get any additional benefit from having access to TIPS aswell?

Or is everything in TIPS covered by WIS?

Or is everything in TIPS covered by WIS?

No, I doubt WIS has any of the documents TIPS includes. TIPS often refers to WIS though but it looks like most of the "known issues" are now removed from WIS and explained by TIPS.

Hi there. Does anyone have an idea where/how I can subscribe to Tips. I have WIS/ASRA but would really like to have TIPs too.

Hi there. Does anyone have an idea where/how I can subscribe to Tips. I have WIS/ASRA but would really like to have TIPs too.

Purchase access authorization here:
Daimler AG - Service & Parts net

Seem the link does not control language, you can change it from the top right menu. Need to be VAT registered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom