Xmas present for myself

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamesfuller

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C240 Elegance & S210 E320 CDi Avantgarde
I'm very excited! :bannana:
I have wanted one of these for a while, I think originally Charles Morgan put the idea in my head so will blame him.

I'm going to pick her up tomorrow, it will mean spending a few hours in an Audi to get there! I've even managed to tax it with no problems (wasn't looking forward to this bit)

Photos to follow.

jamesfuller said:
I'm very excited! :bannana: I have wanted one of these for a while, I think originally Charles Morgan put the idea in my head so will blame him. I'm going to pick her up tomorrow, it will mean spending a few hours in an Audi to get there! I've even managed to tax it with no problems (wasn't looking forward to this bit) Photos to follow.
what you having?:D

W124 300D multivalve:D

Both the S classes are off the road, and once we have moved and I'm settled in my new garage/workshop I plan on doing a fair bit of work to them so will be off the road for a while. Laura is always in the S124. Ive often admired the 124 saloon especially when powered by a smooth diesel.

Im going to admit, the brownie points have dipped into the red. My plan is to make up some really good mpg figures to claw some back.

Im going to admit, the brownie points have dipped into the red. My plan is to make up some really good mpg figures to claw some back.

That could take a while...

That could take a while...

Yes, especially since the other day when she was sorting through paperwork and found some V5's for cars she didn't know I owned!:fail
I'm not hiding them, just stored away and I forgot to mention them as they have been away in a barn for years!:dk:

Well, made it home. Very happy with the car. Many thanks to trapperjohn, you have obviously looked after her very well.
She drives nicely and the engine purrs away a treat. It is pretty much the same in noise and character to my old 4 litre Landcruiser so very pleasant and relaxing to use.

Didn't get home in daylight so photos will have to wait till next weekend.

Glad you made it home safely James. The run will have done the car good, its been standing around not doing a lot for way too long.

Even pangs of regret as I drove past it for the last time on our drive this morning.

Even pangs of regret as I drove past it for the last time on our drive this morning.

The other half said I was bouncing around like tigger when i got out the car and looked round it! cant wait to get some more miles on it over the xmas break.

Also couldnt beleive the economy, 190 miles and it used 1/4 tank. seems very strange to experience this while also getting to drive a 124!

Beware the 124 comedy fuel gauge (they all have them) is all I'm saying :) The last indicated 1/4 of a tank does rapidly disappear. But the gauge on your car its accurate, in its own way. In that when you hit the reserve light - find a filling station within 30 miles.

Haha, yeah they all seem to drop the last bit just as you pass the last fuel for miles.
Our 230te is doing 22mpg with its current use!

I'm very excited! :bannana:
I have wanted one of these for a while, I think originally Charles Morgan put the idea in my head so will blame him.

Oi! You're about the only person on here with an even madder collection of vehicles than me!

I have quite a collection but I don't think they rival yours! Hopefully the w126 road rally car will go some way to addressing this, but i'm sure your latest project will move on quicker than mine!

Maybe one day someone will find a cure, until then we shall have to attend regular gtg's to discuss the addiction!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom