XP Admin password

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NormanB

Car
W210
I set up my daughters machine 6 months ago (XP(Pro) and set a admin password (for me) and a user account for her. She bought 'The SIMS today' and I need to access the system to load the game but yes - you guessed it I have forgotton my password! HELP! She is chomping at the bit and I am not flavour of the month at the mo!

Can some kind guru help me out (my email is [email protected]).
Cheers

Quick and easy way is to re-install XP over the top. (remembering to Service Pack it)

Also I've heard if you use Fast User switching and the Icon based logon screen on XP Home, you can login as Admin when in safe mode.......Never tried it though.

There are cracks around - someone friendly here might have one, or try a web search

no no no, dont do that...

I'll send you a utility that will allow you to reset it. (takes 2 minutes)

PM me your your phone number, I'll send it to you and talk you through it.

You must qualify "as someone friendly" then !!!!! :) :)

A big thank you to Sp!ke for helping me out there! :bannana: :bannana:

All is well and THE SIMS is undergoing evaluation run as I type (on another PC)!

Hope you get the laptop sorted Sp!ke.:eek:

Thanks once again!

Norman, you actually managed to buy The Sims WITHOUT any expansion packs ? I think I know what your daughter will be getting for Christmas.... :bannana:

Funny old thing - PC World had a sale on and the pack I picked up (cannot remember the name) had loads of expansion packs with it 5 CD Roms in toto!

Daughter is well chuffed, but no doubt more expansion packs will be 'required' at Christmas too! ;)

NormanB said:
A big thank you to Sp!ke for helping me out there! :bannana: :bannana:

All is well and THE SIMS is undergoing evaluation run as I type (on another PC)!

Hope you get the laptop sorted Sp!ke.:eek:

Thanks once again!

No problem.. it worked 2nd time then huh?

dont forget to actually give the admin account a password now, dont leave it blank.

My laptop..... completely dead HDD, wont even spin up and went with no warning at all.

Anyone else out there with a laptop HDD, make sure you have backups as we've been noticing a trend at work whereby all notebook HDD's over 20Gb seem to only last about a year before total meltdown. Be warned :(

Lots of IBM "Deathstar" HDDs out there!!

Toshiba/Fujitsu 2.5" HDDs tend to be better quality

Sp!ke said:
No problem.. it worked 2nd time then huh?

dont forget to actually give the admin account a password now, dont leave it blank.

My laptop..... completely dead HDD, wont even spin up and went with no warning at all.

Anyone else out there with a laptop HDD, make sure you have backups as we've been noticing a trend at work whereby all notebook HDD's over 20Gb seem to only last about a year before total meltdown. Be warned :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom