xp professional

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nick mercedes

MB Enthusiast
Car
Ford Expedition
Where can I get some XP professional recovery disks from?

Nobody seems to sell them on ebay or amazon??

If you're after an OS disk then any that matches your key will do, so OEM for OEM, Retail for Retail. If the install doesn't authorise call microsoft and they'll issue you a new key when you explain.

If you're after an OS disk then any that matches your key will do, so OEM for OEM, Retail for Retail. If the install doesn't authorise call microsoft and they'll issue you a new key when you explain.

I brought some ex-lease Dell computers off ebay, they've got the XP Prof COA on them but have had Windows 7 installed, which I assume won't last long, so do I need a Dell OEM disc?

I brought some ex-lease Dell computers off ebay, they've got the XP Prof COA on them but have had Windows 7 installed, which I assume won't last long, so do I need a Dell OEM disc?

You don't need the Dell disc, but if you do get hold of one it will work without registration as Dell discs are coded to the BIOS on most Dell machines.

You don't need the Dell disc, but if you do get hold of one it will work without registration as Dell discs are coded to the BIOS on most Dell machines.

I assume all I need to do is put the disc in 9when I track one down) and when asked give it the code off the stickers on the backs of the various computers?

If you use an OEM disk, it 'shouldn't' ask you for a key as it is aligned to use the motherboard chip/bios for identification.

With HP systems it certainly does not ask for a key.

Had this issue recently. Downloaded off a certain site a Dell OEM CD. Did not even ask for serial (although it was available)...

Can try and track the CD down and post it if necessary.

Hi whizkid, hope you dont mind, but I just blagged a copy of your xp too. I also have win7 I'm using but my desktop is an old machine and runs like a pig. Which Id like to put xp back on but couldnt find the cd, so thank you.
It has a xp sticker on it still so if needed should work with that.

No probs CleverDicky!

Its up here if anybody needs it, will take it down when I need the space. This is just media, its the license for the WinXP that causes legal issues.

Just rechecked, this is a generic Win XP Pro OEM - so should work with any manufacturer that shipped their systems with Win XP.

Many thanks
Copied iso to desktop How do i burn it to a cd??

Last edited:
Ok i cracked it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom