XS Direct insurance - anybody insured with them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Michele

Car
NA
Hello guys

Just wondering if anybody is insured with XS Direct? I am getting rather ridiculous quotes on the C63 from mainstream insurers (international licence, driven abroad mainly) and found these guys with a quote of 2.5k and 3k excess. I know this would sound crazy, but comparing it with 6-7k from any mainstream insurer, this sounds like a better deal.

What do you think?

Would appreciate any tips if you know a better insurer to go to.

Thank you very much.

P.S. quote comes from Adrian Flux and they don't even give the 15% discount as a PH member. Wonder if PH discount being not applicable to this is just their BS salesman talk.

Have you considered taking a UK test, may save you a fortune for just a couple of hours?

Adrian Flux!!!! Very Very seriously ripped off by them, be on your guard but then other people say they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Have you considered taking a UK test, may save you a fortune for just a couple of hours?

Adrian Flux!!!! Very Very seriously ripped off by them, be on your guard but then other people say they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Thank you. Done that, but only a few months ago, and none of the driving abroad is recognised.

I had almost the same quote from the XS website directly, so I could also do it directly with the insurer rather than through Adrian Flux, but don't see any difference. It's really a question of trusting this insurer or not, but don't know if they are any good.

Thank you. Done that, but only a few months ago, and none of the driving abroad is recognised.

Oh yeah! Been there, done that - almost ... still driving on Bahamas licence (incidentally, why is it that you can exchange Barbados DL for the UK one, but not Bahamas DL? :dk::wallbash: - it's the same crappy standards of driving LOL) Only 3yrs of non-EU NCD is accepted, the Aviva quote was the best (via Swinton)... Still over £700 on A160! :doh: I am paying $360 (£220) in Nassau for A190 ... Ah well, next year should be less with UK licence and 4yrs :rolleyes:

Try Chubb, not usually the cheapest but they do cover some of the more unusual risks!

Thanks guys! Tried Aviva, but they were rather expensive, will try a few others.

Hello guys

Just wondering if anybody is insured with XS Direct? I am getting rather ridiculous quotes on the C63 from mainstream insurers (international licence, driven abroad mainly) and found these guys with a quote of 2.5k and 3k excess. I know this would sound crazy, but comparing it with 6-7k from any mainstream insurer, this sounds like a better deal.

What do you think?

Would appreciate any tips if you know a better insurer to go to.

Thank you very much.

P.S. quote comes from Adrian Flux and they don't even give the 15% discount as a PH member. Wonder if PH discount being not applicable to this is just their BS salesman talk.

i used the last year this company is a joke
one company is ur insurer second company is ur direct debit company
and if u miss ur payment they will charge u extra £20 :(

try to use Liverpool Victoria comp exess is 100 not 3k
and i saved around 1k on quote :)

I was going to go for them with 3k excess.

Found Admiral did the same deal with 1k excess, check on their site before looking at XS

DO NOT go anywhere near XS Direct or any of their affliated companies.

I had the misfortune of insuring with them during my previous years insurance where they have truly ripped me off.
The only honest thing about them is their admittance that you will be liable for the £3k excess whatever the circumstance of an accident. This pretty much tells you everything about them as I found when involved in a collision earlier this year. I called them to advise of the accident and said I did not wish to pursue a claim.
6 months
later they sent me a letter demanding £3k within 14 days or I would be passed to a debt collection agency (with the standard threats). Apparently the other driver had claimed for everything under the sun, XS Direct accepted it was all my fault and now expected me to pay the bill! This was all done without telling me what was going on! I certainly did not admit fault at any stage nor was I advised of the the intentions of the other party.
When I called to ask what had happened, they said the other party claimed for a hire car and repair for their car. The third party car was 1994 model car so unless they 'pimped' it up during repair and hired a supercar, I was confused as to what the 3k consisted of! They said they would send a letter detailing all the information. Instead almost 2 months later I receive a letter from a debt collecting agency demanding the 3k, and 500 extra!
On top of all this, they advise my NCB has been wiped off!

It is seriously worth paying the extra money with an insurer like Admiral (whom i use now) rather than go through this hell with XSDirect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom