y27/9 egr fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wez999

Car
e320 v6 cdi
hi guys
really need some help.
i have a e320 cdi v6 and it was running perfect. 2005 55
i have performed the inlet port motor bypass 5 years ago with no issues.
2 weeks ago some clever **** decided to use my turbo actutor on another car to test for a fault. that other car has now been sold and and the acuator off that car was repaired and put back on my car.
however within 5 mins my car has gone into limp mode and displays
fault y27/9 left egr positioner fault and also check system exhaust control air mass to large.
have tried new egr but no luck.
im sure its something to do with that acuator but if some one could shed some light i wud be most grateful. dont have a decent indy around here and Alex Crow is 200 miles away. thanks in advance.
it only happens really at low speeds,,,jerks etc...at 70 mph its.
wez

That's some lurking for 4 1/2 years!

Where is 'here'?

Please read my post. I had an actuator issue with the same codes as you. I believe it's an error with the egr or swirl flaps even if it doesn't appear as the code.

Look for the green red and grey wires on both your swirl flap motor under the turbo and egr valve to the right of the turbo as you face the car, set your multimeter to measure resistance 10k setting usually does nicely.

Measure the pins on the swirl flap motor usually middle pins where the red/green and gray go, mine was around 1.4k.

Keeping the motor unplugged I inserted a 1.5k resistor between pins 2 and 3. I Then did the same for the EGR I believe these are pins 1 and 2 again green/red and gray wires, measure the pins on the motor, mine was around 2.1k so I used a 2.2k resistor.

If you don't match the resistance to your components you'll get a signal interrupted error code saved in the ecu.

This has stopped any misbehaviour by my turbo actuator and prevented limp home mode. You will get a egr exhaust pressure is too high fault and a possible check engine light lit, but the car will perform well and shouldn't go into limp mode. I believe once you get the EGR mapped out I.e duty set to 0% then the light will disappear or you can live with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dont have a decent indy around here and Alex Crow is 200 miles away.

I was asking where you were as some members may know a good indy that's closer than Alex Crow.

Do check your fuses. The egr valve and the turbo positioner share the same supply, also with the swirl flap motor if memory serves. Not certain it's that, but a cheap and easy first check.

Mines back to square one today! Bloody thing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom