Yay! It’s fixed!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jobsworth

MB Enthusiast
Car
One or two...
104-D7579-1383-407-A-B108-55-EEF7-FA8-AF8.png

8 months ago the roof packed up. Not a huge issue, I know these inside out. Identified the faulty limit switch, same one I’ve replaced on sooo many customer cars over the years. £104 for a new one. Oh no. Big problem. The part is no longer available from Mercedes!! I’ve scoured loads of online parts places to no avail. Finally one came up for sale last week for £180. Bought, fitted, fixed, just in time for summer!! Hurrah!!!

104-D7579-1383-407-A-B108-55-EEF7-FA8-AF8.png

8 months ago the roof packed up. Not a huge issue, I know these inside out. Identified the faulty limit switch, same one I’ve replaced on sooo many customer cars over the years. £104 for a new one. Oh no. Big problem. The part is no longer available from Mercedes!! I’ve scoured loads of online parts places to no avail. Finally one came up for sale last week for £180. Bought, fitted, fixed, just in time for summer!! Hurrah!!!
Result 👍🏻

Great news!

Mercedes really should be supporting older models... especially if its a part that is a common failure :wallbash:
Like front disks for my 2000 R129 334mm, guess what, NLA. These are basics.

Parts supply for 10 years beyond the model ceasing production is industry standard.....but it can be less. Urban myth used to say that this was a legal requirement...but it never has been. It's was nothing more than a gentleman's agreement. Some electrical components and ECUs can cease being made as little as 24 months after they stop building the cars. You will still get most of the parts for many years....they will just be from sources other than Merc......and of course many parts were never made by Mercedes themselves in the first place.

Will look into that, thanks
A2104211812 & A2104211912 are the part numbers (L&R).

Also fitted to the W208 CLK55 and W210 E55, just need to check the offset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom