YAY! My Two Seater Restoration Project!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
Earlier today at a Barn Sale just up the road I took the plunge and bought an old two seater restoration project.

She has some rust in the usual places but nothing I can’t tackle myself.

She is an open top and although Mrs Ringway thinks I paid over the odd’s for this classic I think it’ll be a real head-turner when brought back to former glory.

I may call Olly at PCS or Ian B. Walker @ 124 works if some of the mechanical work gets beyond my capabilities.

Mrs Ringway did try to dissuade me from buying (I have been getting an ear-bashing) but my heart ruled my head..

So, here she is..

Isn't she lovely?

Photo641.jpg

Both seats would look good in Nappa Leather.
Photo649.jpg

May swap these for AMG pedals.
Photo648.jpg

Paddle gear shift.
Photo647.jpg

Vented Brakes.
Photo646.jpg

Single Xenon.
Photo645.jpg

I'll be making a trip to a powder coating workshop.

Any ideas for a suitable colour? :)

It's even got air conditioning. Impressed. Will you be "driving" it to Jays GTG?

Designo trim
Twin xenons
Wind deflector
Wider Alloys!!!!!

Ahhh, these models are prone to rear wheel bearing failure due to the excessive loads they sometimes carry :devil: Candy apple blue is also a very nice color.

It looks like you have the garden hose out to give it a wash -
Read the detailing threads, use the two bucket method with lambswool mitt to protect that paintwork.

I find the only problem with these is; when you come to a hill the rear engine often has trouble maintaining the power output.

Your avatar is well out of date now. Be interesting to see what you come up with by way of an update.

Do not think I'd like to be on the back seat when the "turbo" kicks in if you get my drift.

Last edited:
Nice purchase, mate!

After looking at it, the fittings look relatively modern against the overall appearance of the machine. I'm betting a pond find rather than a barn find?

Still, it will look lovely when fixed up. Wilmslow to Nuneaton (and back, don't forget) should be a doddle two-up!

You have to promise, though, that when it is fixed up you will post some photos - in action of course.

surely its a hybrid ?? ( like the prius)

you can switch from one engine in the city and then two for a good spanking around the country lanes.....which has to be good for the environment ???

12 speed tip-tronic aswell.....................sweet !!!!!!!!!!

I find the only problem with these is; when you come to a hill the rear engine often has trouble maintaining the power output.

LOL!

The first mod is a switchable electricfied rear seat then. ;) :devil:

Paul, have you entered the VIN on the Russian site yet? It my have some hidden factory options....

It cant be as old as it looks, it's got centre pull brakes!

Your avatar is well out of date now. Be interesting to see what you come up with by way of an update.

Do not think I'd like to be on the back seat when the "turbo" kicks in if you get my drift.
Crikey TJ I hadn't thought about that. Does that mean that the rear seat passenger would be experiencing the dark side of ringway's moon? :D

...I'll get me coat

Paul, have you entered the VIN on the Russian site yet? It my have some hidden factory options....

Just reading the manual and sussing out all the switches. :D

The seller also had for sale (amongst other things) a wheelchair, a mobility scooter and a couple of small-medium sized boats. I did consider one of the boats and then thought about the maintenence levels on the tandem.. :crazy:

Wilmslow to Nuneaton (and back, don't forget) should be a doddle two-up!

So I have a co-pilot then? :D

Remember though, I have to do the steering. :D

I'll pick you up the day before the Jay's GTG. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom