Yellow engine light, P06DA00 & P012800 fault codes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pete88epi

Car
C180
Hi MB folks, I have a 2013 C180 with around 40K on the clock. The engine light came up when I was doing a relatively long trip on the highway, so I stopped by a local garage to do a quick diagnosis, and they showed me:
"P06DA00: This error code can be ignored and erased.: current"
"P012800: The coolant temperature is below the coolant thermostat specified temperature: stored"

They said neither of these are major issue but they couldn't determine whether the second one was still ongoing, and they've erased the codes and asked me to do another check if the light comes back on later. I was in a rush so I left and a week later the light came on again. I have searched for these codes but comments have been mixed - some suggest the problem can be ignored, some saying it is just a £10 part's problem but fixing it would cost £300 - couldn't find much in this forum. o_O

Could anyone share their insight about what is the problem of my car and whether I can wait for another month for it to be checked up? And from your experience, how long would it take to fix them (if they need to be fixed)? I'm super occupied these days and my garage (the nearest reliable indy) is 1.5 hr away :doh: Many thanks!

It means your coolant level is running low. You might have a leak.

It means your coolant level is running low. You might have a leak.
It says the temperature is low, not the level. Probably needs a new thermostat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom