Yellow headlamps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Petrol Pete

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon
There is a 'car derived' van not far from where I live, it is quite new and has yellow headlamps, a bit like you used to see back in the day in that there French France.

I do remember sometimes headlamps were yellow if they were from 'the continent' and if I remember rightly the first ever stick on 'beam benders' were yellow. as were some front fog lamps.

But all of this was some years ago. I only see this little van occasionally and it is UK registered and RHD. If I get a chance I will ask the owner but in the meantime has anyone on here seen this on a new vehicle recently and is it even legal ? Just curious. :dk:

"United Kingdom - In the UK, the law strictly limits the colour of headlights. The bulbs must either be white or yellow. "
Legal Headlight Colours - UK, US, EU and Australia | PowerBulbs

From the UK MoT tester's manual
The colour of the light headlamps emit must be one of the following:
  • white
  • predominantly white with blue tinge
  • yellow
In a four-headlamp system the outer headlamps don’t need to emit the same colour light as the inner pair.

MOT Manuals Section 4 Lamps, reflectors and electrical equipment

When I was much younger my mum had some very kool cousins. One of them was a computer chappy and had an orange Fiat 131 SuperMiaffiorre coupe (spelling?) with yellow twin headlamps. He was Mr Kool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom