Yellow spots on body near rear tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car was bought brand new 2 years ago mate
And...has it been like this for two years since the day it was bought? If not why on earth do you think you have a warranty claim? Extraordinary.

Looks like it’s dirt, oil or something else sprayed on to the bodywork by the tyre. As suggested, clean it and then try tar remover (you can’t go wrong with Autoglym).

Have you had the car valeted recently by any chance? Could be something put on the tyres to “blacken” them.
I normally wash car at home and then dry the tyres and use tyre shine by meguires. But I have been using for years now and didn’t have no issue

Wash it with soap and water (as you would normally do). Let dry or dry it. Try petrol or meths or IPA on a rag on the inside edge of the arch (bound to be some there as well). One of those will probably take it off.
Thanks will try that first thing in the morning

Thanks will try that first thing in the morning
best not to use those on your paintwork tbh

If you get really stuck probably best paying a visit to a detailer, they’ll know straight away.

Ha

have tried tar remover the other day, didn’t seem to work
If you have already tried tar remover the stuff I recommended may not work. Might be best to pop round to a detailer...

Since the majority off road spatter seems to be on the rear nearside of the car it may be a mixture of dirt, road paint and water spray. In addition to finding the correct cleaning agent it has to be applied correctly and that's where the experience of a professional detailer is invaluable. Because the car is less than 2 years old and under finance that's the route I would pursue.

Haven't used this product myself but if the spray is road paint this may be a solution?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
What happens when you spill petrol while filling your car? How do you get tar off your paintwork?
None of them will harm his paint - he needs to get the gunge off and clean it not rub for hours.
No idea. I drive a diesel.

tar remover.

1) Have you tried a decent cutting polish 2) are you sure you dont have a slight brake fluid leak from the rear 3)dont buy a white car...great as they look you will see every mark and have to put the time in to keep it immac

1) Have you tried a decent cutting polish 2) are you sure you dont have a slight brake fluid leak from the rear 3)dont buy a white car...great as they look you will see every mark and have to put the time in to keep it immac
Brake fluid leak is a good shout.

You may think this is a stupid question, but in the trade we hear lots of them. "My window tint, that was on the used car already when I bought it from you10 years ago has bubbled. Will you replace it for free". "My daughter bought her used car five years ago and the battery failed and when we replaced it the radio code was needed. Can you pay for the radio code from the manufacturer?". "My tyres on the car I bought 6 months ago are noisy, can you change them for me?" There are lots more of them too, the answer is generally GET STUFFED.

Have not tried cutting polish.
Not sure about brake fluid leak, as service was done month ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom