Yellow? Yes or no?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
^^^
Exactly this. But an IMS mod is cheaper than a rebuild.

Does the 997 share the same problem because that are quite cheap.
From Rennlist

The IMS bearing issue is a carryover issue from the 996 model. The earlier non-Carrera S 997 models had the same basic engine as the 996, hence, the same issues.

Most late 2005 and early 2006 997 models are included and, as mentioned earlier, a very small percentage of those cars were affected. But if there is doubt in your mind, most experts completely rule out any IMS bearing failure on 2007 and newer 997 models, as some engine components were updated and no incidents have been reported so far. If you happen to be in the market for one, remember that a Porsche CPO warranty could be a good idea, possibly helping you sleep better at night. So far this is not a reason to pass up on your long-awaited Porsche acquisition.

^^^

From Rennlist

The IMS bearing issue is a carryover issue from the 996 model. The earlier non-Carrera S 997 models had the same basic engine as the 996, hence, the same issues.

Most late 2005 and early 2006 997 models are included and, as mentioned earlier, a very small percentage of those cars were affected. But if there is doubt in your mind, most experts completely rule out any IMS bearing failure on 2007 and newer 997 models, as some engine components were updated and no incidents have been reported so far. If you happen to be in the market for one, remember that a Porsche CPO warranty could be a good idea, possibly helping you sleep better at night. So far this is not a reason to pass up on your long-awaited Porsche acquisition.
Thanks for this.

Dont discount the 996 Turbo. It doesn’t have the IMS problem and they’re now getting affordable. 😎

Hey folks, hope everyone is well.

I’ve been looking at some early Boxsters as I was always mesmerised by them as a kid when the were a concept!

Anyway, I don’t want to spend a fortune, but get a half decent example. I’ve looked at Silver, blue and grey. I don’t want red or black because the paint suffers on the older ones. The dark blue as well, but there’s a lot of them and most are OK.

I saw this one though. A nice example, BUT it’s yellow. I actually like it. It reminds me of the 911 in the film Commando 😂

What do you guys think of the colour?? I’m still keeping the Mercedes, so it’s more of an occasional car, but I don’t want to feel a prat. I’m
drawn to it though 😬

Check it out Porsche Boxster S 986 3.2 Manual - Speed Yellow, 18" Twist wheels | eBay
The colour Yellow is considered pretty, bright, fun & whimsical so it's not to be taken seriously, despite many a Ferrari in such a hue. Manly it is not but then who wants dreary silver, tarmac greys or mid-life crisis red? Bit sad having to be concerned what others think though.

The colour Yellow is considered pretty, bright, fun & whimsical so it's not to be taken seriously, despite many a Ferrari in such a hue. Manly it is not but then who wants dreary silver, tarmac greys or mid-life crisis red? Bit sad having to be concerned what others think though.
More interested in what others think really… I do like them in grey though. I’m still in my 30s so no mid life crisis just yet… I just want to have owned a Porsche. I’ve wanted to since having model on my shelf of the Boxster concept as a kid. I’ve said for years to myself about doing it but I never do. I don’t want to keep putting it off until it does turn into a midlife crisis or worse I never do it all. I’m of relatively limited means too, so looking at the very entry level to get into a Porsche as early Boxsters are inexpensive now, but I’d still be just as proud of it as if it were the newest 911 off the forecourt 🙂

More interested in what others think really… I do like them in grey though. I’m still in my 30s so no mid life crisis just yet… I just want to have owned a Porsche. I’ve wanted to since having model on my shelf of the Boxster concept as a kid. I’ve said for years to myself about doing it but I never do. I don’t want to keep putting it off until it does turn into a midlife crisis or worse I never do it all. I’m of relatively limited means too, so looking at the very entry level to get into a Porsche as early Boxsters are inexpensive now, but I’d still be just as proud of it as if it were the newest 911 off the forecourt 🙂

I looked at them before buying the Corvette 2 years ago. A good one, full service history, low mileage and ims bearing done could be had for £6-7K, so they're very much on the up. Reckon they're 50%+ up on 2 years ago, and perhaps some way to go for a good one.

It's an itch ... scratch it!

Mid life crisis red 😱

Hey folks, hope everyone is well.

I’ve been looking at some early Boxsters as I was always mesmerised by them as a kid when the were a concept!

Anyway, I don’t want to spend a fortune, but get a half decent example. I’ve looked at Silver, blue and grey. I don’t want red or black because the paint suffers on the older ones. The dark blue as well, but there’s a lot of them and most are OK.

I saw this one though. A nice example, BUT it’s yellow. I actually like it. It reminds me of the 911 in the film Commando 😂

What do you guys think of the colour?? I’m still keeping the Mercedes, so it’s more of an occasional car, but I don’t want to feel a prat. I’m
drawn to it though 😬

Check it out Porsche Boxster S 986 3.2 Manual - Speed Yellow, 18" Twist wheels | eBay
Quick update! Went to see a yellow 986 and while in good order I realised the yellow is totally not for me. I’m off to see a silver with two tone grey/black interior today. 70k 2004 model… The only downside being I had decided only to look at the 3.2 S and this one is a 2.7. It looks so well look after with such a comprehensive history I need to at least look!

I looked at them before buying the Corvette 2 years ago. A good one, full service history, low mileage and ims bearing done could be had for £6-7K, so they're very much on the up. Reckon they're 50%+ up on 2 years ago, and perhaps some way to go for a good one.

It's an itch ... scratch it!
Definitely going up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom