Yellow? Yes or no?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think the colour is great, suits a sports car like that! I think sports cars and hot hatches can pull off being in bright, fun colours.

If it was an S Class in yellow I'd say get to the doctor, a Boxster suits it. As long as it's not done what so many solid colours do and faded inconsistently round the car.

Good ones are nudging 6 figures now. I never had a Delta but i did almost buy a Dedra Integrale. The only one ive ever seen - they were a great Q car! I would have bought it but the vendor was a nightmare.

Just to add to this Porsche's of that era were still owned by the vw audi group were they not?

The early yellow colour was prone to fading. Looks similar to the yellow Skoda and Seat used [skoda lemon yellow] [seat ovni yellow] and these were prone to fading so you may not be safe with that yellow as looks v similar to my untrained eye
If it is 20+ years old I reckon it is fully faded.

"They call me mellow Yellow"...dump dee dump dump
Only we baby boomers will get that! Although I hope not. Donovan was our Bob Dylan of course. Not quite, I know!

Inspired by this thread, I decided to get myself a yellow car.
The Countach was the only one that fitted the bill - not cheap, but you only live once.
There was a Testarossa next to it but it was in red, so a bit of a non starter really.
Now starting to worry about the running costs.

Attachments

• F1F59FAC-EA8F-4054-AFA2-65C9E18D4756.jpeg
    F1F59FAC-EA8F-4054-AFA2-65C9E18D4756.jpeg
    258.5 KB · Views: 13
I've never had a problem with yellow! See 2003 for details:
fowlerscc250603 552.jpg
To save you guessing, I'm at Castle Combe.
Nobody ever ran into me on the road, so I think it works as a safety colour!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ted
The Countach was the only one that fitted the bill - not cheap, but you only live once.
There was a Testarossa next to it but it was in red, so a bit of a non starter really.
Sorry, realised it was a Diablo a bit late 🫢🫢🫢

That yellow Diablo was the one I always wanted.

Looks like A Diablo and a Jaguar XJ220 … Mighty fine running costs!

I've never had a problem with yellow! See 2003 for details:
View attachment 130118
To save you guessing, I'm at Castle Combe.
Nobody ever ran into me on the road, so I think it works as a safety colour!

Me neither ....this was my R version...
1659012416340.jpeg

Ni

Nice looking car.

Love all the gumpf about how well the meticulous owner looked after it but no word of IMS unless I’ve missed it.
Im researching buying my first Porsche right now and have read that the best insurance seems to be to buy a higher mileage car 60k+ as any issues will have been revealed by that mileage or proof that the work has already been done. In any case the problem isn’t as widespread as many people imagine.

Im researching buying my first Porsche right now and have read that the best insurance seems to be to buy a higher mileage car 60k+ as any issues will have been revealed by that mileage or proof that the work has already been done. In any case the problem isn’t as widespread as many people imagine.
Exactly this. But an IMS mod is cheaper than a rebuild.

Does the 997 share the same problem because that are quite cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom