Yesterday at Benalmedina Harbour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BMF

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
C220 (W205) 2015 Bluetec Sport Premium Plus
See it’s not just British owners that can’t park!
View media item 8596

Reactions: Ted
Oooh, that looks nice. I’m going there with the family next month.
Any recommendations?

Reactions: BMF
Any recommendations?
We’re between Benalmadina and Torremolinos and is a nice post dinner promenade. If you’re feeling up to it there is the walk to Calle San Miguel, the local tourist shopping area (there is a lift 50c pp) but if you can make it to the top then your ticker is in good nick. Benalmadena harbour side is full of cafe’s and bars. Traveling by train to either Malaga or fuengirola is a doddle at less than 10€ return for the two of us.

Isn't that a Scottish sticker on the back of car? It may not be on British plates, but could have a British driver who's unable to park!

Isn't that a Scottish sticker on the back of car? It may not be on British plates, but could have a British driver who's unable to park!
I'm in Scotland all my life & have never seen a sticker like that.

It also has an “L” on the number plate indicating point of EU origin, I must admit I hadn’t notice it before.
The sticker is for the Luxembourg Navy, didn’t know they had one :D

Any recommendations?
Take a trip to Cabopino just a bit further along from Benalmadina towards Marbella. Lovely small port, unspolit. What Puerto Banus used to be before it got trashed.

Take a trip to Cabopino just a bit further along from Benalmadina towards Marbella. Lovely small port, unspolit. What Puerto Banus used to be before it got trashed.
I haven't been to Cabapino since the 90s, I recall that there was some kind of bar there where a lady who looked like a drag queen would do some singing.

We’re between Benalmadina and Torremolinos and is a nice post dinner promenade. If you’re feeling up to it there is the walk to Calle San Miguel, the local tourist shopping area (there is a lift 50c pp) but if you can make it to the top then your ticker is in good nick. Benalmadena harbour side is full of cafe’s and bars. Traveling by train to either Malaga or fuengirola is a doddle at less than 10€ return for the two of us.
As BMF says have a walk up to Calle san miguel and when you get to the end where the pedestrian precinct is go straight across and theirs a slight slope up the hill to the Galloping Major Pub on the right used to be English owned in the 60s now owned by a very nice Spanish guy sit outside and watch the world go buy,

I haven't been to Cabapino since the 90s, I recall that there was some kind of bar there where a lady who looked like a drag queen would do some singing.

You are probably thinking of Albert's. The restaurant. Albert used to greet customers coming in in a very camp Noel Coward like manner. Havnt seen him there for a few years now.

I think there must have been a badly parked BMW on the left which left only one space for the CLS, the BMW then departed....

The CLS driver knew exactly what he was doing. Use two spaces and park like granny. Nobody would dare park next to that. Therefore no dings.

With all the EU laws there doesn’t seem to be one for parking space widths.

Cars have grown a bit over the years and current spaces are simply not wide enough.
We should take an example from the US where spaces are wide enough to open your door without striking the car opposite.

The CLS driver knew exactly what he was doing. Use two spaces and park like granny. Nobody would dare park next to that. Therefore no dings.
If I see precious cars parked like that at the supermarket I leave my trolley as close as I can without actually touching .

You are probably thinking of Albert's. The restaurant. Albert used to greet customers coming in in a very camp Noel Coward like manner. Havnt seen him there for a few years now.
Sounds familiar.

Following on from your previous post about Peurto Banus being trashed, I first visited there when there were only a handful of tourist bars (Salduba, Sinatra's and Joy's from memory) and a few proper old fisherman's bars down the end.

Must have been 1979/80, it was a joy to discover that these places were a lot more relaxed about serving beer to 15 year olds than the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom