Yesterday's little adventure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lugy

Car
W140 S320
Just thought I'd post this up here seeing as there's some nice pictures, it's a copy and paste from another forum...

Well, seeing as I've no interest in the election, the names are the only difference IMO, I thought I'd head out on a drive.

So I woke up at half 4 this morning then decided sod it, back to bed :eek:, woke up at quarter past 6 actually got up and I was away by half past. First leg of the adventure was to get to Fort William for some breakfast, no pictures here. Passed loads of competitors from the FIM 6 day trial on the way. I arrived in Fort Bill at 9 and sampled the gourmet that is a McDonalds bacon roll. Topped up the tank, averaged 29mpg up til now, great :rolleyes:. Next it was up to the A87 towards Kyle of Lochalsh. I adore that bit road, it was deserted too and even with 150bhp I still had a laugh. Soon I turned of towards Plockton, famed because it's the only place in Scotland where palm trees can grow. Now I expected to turn up somewhere like Jamaica, it wasn't....
Randomadventuresofanobody013.jpg

Randomadventuresofanobody014.jpg

I quickly left and continued the run, the road to my next destination was actually a surprise, I didn't expect this much greenery!
Randomadventuresofanobody016.jpg

The views weren't bad either.
Randomadventuresofanobody017.jpg

Next it was a quick scoot round the big road (well bigger) to the Applecross turn off, what a road it is!
Randomadventuresofanobody018.jpg

Randomadventuresofanobody019.jpg

Randomadventuresofanobody020.jpg

Randomadventuresofanobody021.jpg

Randomadventuresofanobody022.jpg

Randomadventuresofanobody023.jpg

Got to Applecross, found a shop which sold things so I had a Double Decker for lunch, no cash machines up there :doh:.

There's Skye...
Randomadventuresofanobody024.jpg

The Coupe on some random beach.
Randomadventuresofanobody025.jpg

More from the coast road.
Randomadventuresofanobody026.jpg

Randomadventuresofanobody027.jpg

Randomadventuresofanobody028.jpg

Insert Astra wanting to be Calibra based joke here
Randomadventuresofanobody029.jpg

Randomadventuresofanobody030.jpg

Randomadventuresofanobody031.jpg

Randomadventuresofanobody032.jpg

Randomadventuresofanobody034.jpg

It was then onto Dingwall and Inverness, had more sustance in the form of a Burger King :doh:lmao and met Geoff.
Randomadventuresofanobody035.jpg

Afterwards it was just a head home down the A9 moment.

All in all not a bad days driving, 550 miles in 12 hours, about 32mpg average and the only casualty is a missing centre cap and a wheel that needs rebalanced after a mega pot hole. The car wasn't bad, though it wasn't great. A good bit more powa is required!

The Pass of the Cattle...lovely road.

Just a wee nudge here and there and you could have claimed the insurance. :D

More from the coast road.
Randomadventuresofanobody026.jpg

That looks like the bay where Monty Hall did a documentary of 9 months living as a crofter.

Beautiful area to have on the doorstep [/envious smilie]

Think you posted this in the wrong forum - this is the Mercedes forum! :D Nice pics of a wonderful part of the country though!

Ah the Bealach. I recogonised that immediately. I had a memorable trip over it last Ootober in an Astra hire car (which BTW handled it extremely well).

Took me back to my youth 20+ years ago when me and my mates would tackle in in Alfa Suds/33's/Sprints/GTV6's and assorted bikes. Bliss.

Was a bit more circumspect this time as I had the wife and kids in tow!

The one thing I miss living down south is being able to take of up the West Coast.

Don't miss the weather though - heh heh

Think you posted this in the wrong forum - this is the Mercedes forum! :D Nice pics of a wonderful part of the country though!

If I took the Mercedes then it wouldn't have the same appeal :eek:

It's currently residing outside a garage I hope can fix it!

Lucas, you've outdone me for a good days jaunt in a day.

I love the view over to Loch Maree, wonderful pics. Such a good driving road. The A87 is one of my favourites, thanks for sharing :D

I live in Scotland too!! (70 miles from Inverness) Tis a beautiful place. With roads that good - it barely matters what you drive. Just drive what you happen to find yourself in...

Good post Lugy.

Lovely pictures of a beautiful part of the country. Nice black headed gull pic too. Thanks for sharing.

The Scottish Tourist Board want to contact you with a job offer! Great photos.

Great pics of a great drive. I love the run over the Bealach.
If you're feeling fit next time, park up at the top, and you can see what I think is a radio tower on the other side of the road with a track up to it.
If you walk up the track to the tower (careful it's MUCH harder than it looks) you come to an escarpment with what I reckon is at least a 2,000 foot drop.
Scary and fantastic to sit there and take it all in.

I also love the run round from Applecross to Sheildaig. lovely drive.

Right! that's on my 'runs to do' list!

looks wonderful..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom