Yet another case of warranty rust work upheld by MB.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve_Perry

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS350CDI Grand Edition
Following on from LotusMark2's recent work and the work that I had done last year on my nearside rear wheel arch, I have recently noticed some very minor spidering on my boot lid at each end of the plastic trim that covers the number plate lights. In fact I only noticed it because I had to change a number plate bulb recently.

I thought I had better get this looked at soon since my car was registered in March 1998, she'll be 6 in just over 2 months. With that in mind I popped into the dealers body shop on Tues 13 Jan 04 for them to have a look and today at 4pm I got the call to say "Yep warranty work has been approved by MB we can have a courtesy car ready for you on Monday, is that date okay for you to bring in the car?" :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :D

Great or what? :rock: What really puzzles me is that others here seem to have to fight tooth and nail only to have a warranty claim still refused.
confused.gif
Doesn't make sense to me, especially since all decisions come from MB HQ in Milton Keynes, so taking a car to a different dealer in theory should not affect the outcome.

Well I just thought I'd share my little bit of good fortune.

S.

Last edited:
Cool - great stuff. Nice to hear of good service:D

Well the car went in at 10am today. Shame I have a clapped out S reg Polo with a really stiff clutch as a courtesy car. :rolleyes: Can't have it all I 'spose. Last time the car went in for warranty work I got a brand new Polo and that was a much nicer drive.

S.

When is she due back???
Get the pics on when she is back!

She's due back Thursday but I hope I get it back before then as I have a job interview on Thursday. We'll see how it goes, last time round they said they would have the car 5 to 6 days and they returned the car to me after 3!

S.

Just a thought.....

If you took a car in for some warranty work (my boot button is rusting from ehind at the moment), d' you reckon they could also do a bit of other work while they had the paint mixed up? I've got a scratch at the end of the bumper that needs touching in.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Greg

GregE240 said:
Just a thought.....

If you took a car in for some warranty work (my boot button is rusting from ehind at the moment), d' you reckon they could also do a bit of other work while they had the paint mixed up? I've got a scratch at the end of the bumper that needs touching in.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Greg

From what was said to me when I had mine done, I think they will do it at a reduced labour rate as the car is in and being done anyway.
I think this is down to the different dealers though.

GregE240 said:
Just a thought.....

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Greg
No harm in asking Greg, my dealer authorised bodyshop is very friendly so if I were in the same situation, I would have asked them. They can only refuse your request.

S.

Steve_Perry said:
No harm in asking Greg, my dealer authorised bodyshop is very friendly so if I were in the same situation, I would have asked them. They can only refuse your request.

S.
My thoughts too - as they say up north - "shy bairns get n'owt":D

Update:

Got a call from the bodyshop today, car won't be ready until Friday.
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
plain.gif

Looks like I'm stuck with 'tin-can' for another couple of days. BTW I'm not dissing Polo's generally, last one I had was great. Just this one is long past its use-by date.
sad.gif

S.

Update #2:

I got my car back at 4pm today.
love.gif
love.gif

They've done a fantastic job!
cool.gif
The whole boot lid has been resprayed. The little spots of rust have of course gone but so has a scratch that's been on the left top of the boot lid since I've had the car. There were also 3 pin-***** spots of rust on the top surface of the boot lid and these have been erradicated too.
grin.gif

At last I'm rid of that $hite-box Polo :bannana: :rock: :bannana:

The best bit though? Looks like they have polished/waxed the entire car, all my alloys (even the fronts) have never looked so clean and shiny!
mischief.gif

*EDIT* Actually the best bit is the fact that this repair didn't cost me a bean.

Top Banana!! :bannana:

S.

Last edited:
lotusmark2 said:
When is she due back???
Get the pics on when she is back!
Umm I've taken some pics with my camera phone but the crappy images don't really do justice to the repair that has been done. Anyway, as requested the pics now follow:

Left and right edges of number plate strip, Before:
Boot%20rust%20left%2016Jan04.jpg
Boot%20rust%20right%2016Jan04.jpg

Left and right edges of number plate strip, After:
Boot%20rust%20left%20repair%2024Jan04.jpg
Boot%20rust%20right%20repair%2024Jan04.jpg

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom