Yet another dissatisfied MB customer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is not just an MB problem but must be said that some of the MB owned outlets are in a class of their own and just do not care. I have suffered at the hands of various Ford, Vauxhall, BMW, MB and Toyota dealers and the experience has seldom been life enhancing. Must be said that my current MB dealer (non MB owned of course) and Toyota dealer are pretty good.

Overall though the car industry treats customers very much as out man so clearly puts it:

".....by and large, car dealers seem to be in the dark ages of retailing. Multimillion-pound marketing budgets may have improved advertising creativity, showroom design and the dress sense of salesmen, but they have also typically added up to a buying experience less enjoyable than purchasing a 10 quid paperback."

Yep, I've been buying new cars for 30 years and everytime I think it can't possibly be as bad as last time - and it is.
I went to several MB dealers with a pretty open budget looking for either a C Class Estate or an E Class saloon. Ended up buying my C270 Estate from MB Direct in Birmingham - they were keen to sell, which was refreshing, but they have their own issues.

Last new car we bought was a Honda Jazz and the dealer so messed up the handover (at least they admitted it) that they gave us the first service free.

We see these stories so often (the Clarkson one is often trotted out) - but hardly ever a response from the manufacturer. I'd love to hear an MB spokesperson respond. The only manufacturer I can remember recently commenting about dealers was Alfa - the UK MD did a 'mystery shopper' tour of his dealers and was ignored in many of them. The follow-up meeting with the dealer principal must have been 'interesting'!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom