Yet Another E500 estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, CLK350 'Vert, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
Ebay item 302178263408.

If I was still looking, I'd consider that one, despite the colour.

(Why does the eBay link box never work for me?)

Interesting to see its been converted to coil overs from Airmatic

Interesting car

2004 MERCEDES E500 ESTATE BLACK V8 7 SEATS STANCED MODIFIED E55 E63 S4 S6 M3 M5 | eBay

Hate the "stanced" thing, but looks in great condition for its 141k miles. Will someone pay £5,750 for 141k - seems a bit ambitious - much depends on the service history, I guess

Wonder how much effort the airmatic conversion took? Did the effort / hours justify the result?

(Regarding your eBay link question, all we do is to select the whole address bar and then right click to copy the link, and then right click to paste it into the text. Does that help?)

Last edited:
Thanks Mike. Test Test Test: one of these should work; I'll edit out the other.

2004 MERCEDES E500 ESTATE BLACK V8 7 SEATS STANCED MODIFIED E55 E63 S4 S6 M3 M5 | eBay

Sorted; thank you again.

I agree about the 'stanced' thing, but presumably that could be altered easily. I agree the price is ambitious for this time of year, but it looks to have at least my must-haves - COMAND and full parking sensors - and he's open to offers.

Last edited:
Looks good, as you say he is open to offers.

I really like that, maybe stanced but it's got a good ride height and a wise choice of wheels. Looks classy. If you tried running those wheels on standard height it would look awful.

I looked at this. Mileage is much higher than others around. Yeah he's added £800 of suspension and 1k of wheels but I don't think it justifies the price. Probably sold all the old airmaitic parts which covered his cost.
For the miles and condition I think he'd be more looking at 4500-5000.
I am tempted though.

Wheels and "stance" look daft. Put it back to stock. And just fix the airmatic instead of spending money to "try" and solve the problem. Once its done you're good for many thousands of miles more.

Yup. I definatley get some standard wheels. I'd flog his as they would fetch a around 5-6 hundred quid at least. Then pop on some mercedes wheel.
How do you reckon he fooled the ecu with the air airmatic

Code out the Airmatic with Star would be my guess. Either that or ignore the yellow warning.

That steering wheel and seat look more like 250k to me though....

Yeah. A bit rough. Would cost a couple of hundred to get the seat fixed a reconditioned. I think the money is too strong

Too dear and it has a tow bar which is an instant turn off for me

Indeed. Indicates it's had a hard life. Not that a v8 can't handle but stillears it's had to work. A shame I wasn't in a position to buy when.the other 2vcame up around xmas. They were in perfect condition.
I'm sure another will pop up every so often.

Well spotted on the steering wheel

Missed that first time round - yes that must be 200+ on the steering wheel.

Now that I look at it, the auto gear shift is after market as well, which suggests heavy use (????) as well.

Code out the Airmatic with Star would be my guess. Either that or ignore the yellow warning.

That steering wheel and seat look more like 250k to me though....

Yeah. A bit rough. Would cost a couple of hundred to get the seat fixed a reconditioned. I think the money is too strong

Watching the video I thought the engine moved a lot when started and when revved.

Went out to my car, same engine, and it did not move in either circumstance. Engine mounts

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom