Yet another E500 S212!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bizarre.... "Low spec" is a bit harsh: not everyone wants a panoramic roof, HK, rear screens, Comand, wood trimmed steering, nappa leather or 18 inch wheels, especially on the ad hoc familywagen.

The standard E500 is well specified for most people's taste.

And, no, I'm not doing "mine is considerably bigger than this...." I'm giving any potential buyer levers to negotiate a lower price

One owner and 29k miles is impressive - if it has been serviced - including the expensive transmission oil change which should have been done by now

Does this make it ten or eleven S212s known to the club in the UK now?

Last edited:
The phrase .... waiting for a bus and then two come along springs to mind! It’s a lovely colour inside - nicer than my standard black interior - and the dark blue(?) paint is a good contrast. (Personally, I’d like the air inflating controls on my front seats that’s the only other gadget I’d value on top of what I’ve got. ). I notice the silver one is still for sale.... although obviously it isn’t. Let’s see how long it lasts On AT!

I am aware of a sky blue estate that was advertised for £20k inc VAT around 2017

I am aware of a sky blue estate that was advertised for £20k inc VAT around 2017
Ooh, I missed that one! I had 10 in my notes of the ones I’ve seen for sale over the last 5 years. With today’s Tanzanite one and the light blue one, that makes a nice round dozen.

Bizarre.... "Low spec" is a bit harsh: not everyone wants a panoramic roof, HK, rear screens, Comand, wood trimmed steering, nappa leather or 18 inch wheels, especially on the ad hoc familywagen.

The standard E500 is well specified for most people's taste.
Yes, fair point about the spec, lots of toys come as standard. It’s just always nice when some optional extras are included ‘for free’.

Ooh, I missed that one! I had 10 in my notes of the ones I’ve seen for sale over the last 5 years. With today’s Tanzanite one and the light blue one, that makes a nice round dozen.

Can you share the list?

I’d have to change the wheels on this one, but really like the interior and exterior colour.

Lovely colour scheme, but it is pretty poverty-spec really. No COMAND, so no sat-nav, and manual front seat adjustment (forward and back); I'd want full electrics and memory package for that sort of money. No power tailgate either. For a 5.5 212 estate, that's poverty spec...

It has the heated rear seats, and the blinds for the rear side doors which are a nice touch if you have kids (part of the sun protection package) :cool:

I thought it had full leather, heated, electric/memory seats in the front? Looks like they’re the multi-contour ones too?

Comes up every time these E500s appear, but the standard spec on an AMG is more generous - eg COMAND and Panoramic roof are standard, as are the electric/memory seats, powered tailgate etc :thumb:

Still a nice car though :)

Has pano roof too! Bet there’s more we’ve missed :)

Like the colour combo too, same as I has on my previous S204. Also like the non tinted windows and as suggested the spec on closer inspection is quite okay when looking through the pics. Take the badge off the back and you would have a nice sleeper. Prefer the ride on 17" rims too.
If I didn't have one already I would be taking a look at this one.
Not going to get into the debate about E500 vs. AMG, price and spec comparison etc. ha ha.
Seems like enough on here would choose the former ;)

Remove the badge from the back and you would have a fabulous Q-Car - even by E500 standards. Tastefully spec'd too - and it is pretty highly equipped looking at the pics in the Auto Trader ad. Looks like it does have Comand and HK - and weren't all the tailgates powered? Some lovely E500's for sale all of a sudden. There will ne some lucky new owners out there.

Yep it has HK too, well spotted :cool:

If it is really that good a spec, then the dealer's a f***wit - the ad mentions none of them! :doh:

I still don't care for the wheels, though, but apart from that, Hmmmm...

Last edited:
A nice worked example of group problem-solving - like what is the spec of this thing? Individually we see bits, but together we see a fuller picture.

Another point to add is that the Tanzanite isn't shown off to its best advantage. Someone here shared a photo of his car below.

I'd still like to see that the thing has been serviced properly / regularly.

With overseas holidays temporarily "out of fashion,' someone ought to be interested in this as a "Thunderbird 2" for UK family holidays.

Which reminds me, I must check the Autotrader listing on my E500 saloon - did I include the Harmon Kardon and Bluetooth?

full

Last edited:
This is one of the reasons why the OASIS report is useful :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom