Yet another newbie!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks a cracker mate. MB have got the styling just right on the new cars imo.

Welcome to MBclub. :)

Cheers. :thumb:
Have managed to do a bit of running around in the car this weekend ferrying the kids about. I really enjoy getting used to a new car and this looks like it will be great fun as it has so many different features and toys. :cool:

I'm really impressed with Command. Have been tweaking things to suit me, but its a very easy interface to use. From a music/telephone perspective being able to auto connect to the phone is great, but having all required leads and connection points to charge the phone and use the car antennai is a big bonus. Our other car is a BMW and whilst that is a brilliant car in its own right the OE phone system requires a seperate adaptor for each brand of phone - so we just use Bluetooth which is good but not ideal on longer journeys.

Interior wise I'm pleased that I went for the leather. I did like the standard 'Liverpool' interior, but I do personally prefer leather and combined with heated seats the leather feels very nice. I've set the lights and alarm up to suit me and have a few other bits I want to alter, but I'm going through it steadily as sadly I really enjoy finding every little bit out about a new car.

Haven't done much from a drive perspective other than leave it in eco mode and choose 'D'! I'm used to the start stop system which seems very good - especially the 'Hold' feature. I like the way it stays on compared with hill assist which is temporary for a few seconds. I've had a quick play with the paddle gears which seemed fine, but I'll save that for another day when I can have a proper play in sport mode.

I'll get some decent pics once I've had chance to wash it properly. It's had a quick going over, but I want to give it a real clean to have a proper look at it.

Loads more to play with but first impressions are that it's an excellent piece of kit all round. As has been said ^^ I think Mercedes have really got the C Class right now and I think the Sport looks stunning.

I did look at a BMW 320D Sport Plus Edition. It was a direct comparison against my C220 Sport. The BMW had leather standard, heated seats, business sat nav/media system and was also met black. I was very tempted, but a test drive and the looks of the cars left me preferring the Mercedes. Having seen it parked next to my mates new 3 series coupe (also in black) I do think the Merc has the edge on styling. But I would say that wouldn't I! ;) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom