Yet another newbie!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kingy68

Car
C220 Sport 125
Hi!
If all goes to plan I'm a soon to be C220cdi Sport owner. Should all be sorted out before the end of this month. Have been for a test drive, sorted spec and now it's just a case of seeing if I can get the right deal. Starting to get quite excited. :bannana:
Did have a look at comparable BMW 3 series but preferred the C220 and in truth the Merc deals are a lot more competative.
Off to have a look around the forum as one thing I've been looking into is winter wheel/tyre combos. My wife has BMW X3 which is brilliant in the snow, but from previous experience (my dad has a C220 estate) I know winter tyres will be a must if we get snow like last year here in the Peaks. :)

Hi and welcome to the forum.Post some pictures when you get the car

Hello
Welcome to the Forum :thumb:

Hello and welcome to the forum
smile.gif

Hello and welcome:thumb:
-definitely will need winter tyres up there otherwise end up like most merc drivers -parked at the side of the road !

Thanks for the welcomes. :cool:

Post some pictures when you get the car
Will do. :thumb:

-definitely will need winter tyres up there otherwise end up like most merc drivers -parked at the side of the road !
Dead right! My dads C220 was so bad on 'summer' tyres it was farcical.
We are not sure of we are going to keep the wifes X3 (which is brilliant in the snow thanks to 17" m&s tyres and the x drive system) so winter tyres are a must. Just need to get the C220 deal 100% completed and date on the car so I can get things moving. :D

After a couple of let downs (Mercedes stock cars offered, accepted and then falling through) I ordered a C220 Sport 125 as a build. Meant I had to wait, but now I'm being told to expect a firm date around Friday 4th November. :bannana: Will bob some pics up when I get the car, but in the meantime this is my dads C220 mentioned ^^ before. He's owned it from new and will not part with it. Completely standard. Looks spotless if you spend a few hours cleaning it ...

Snow foam (pre-wash). Dont you just love it!

06bb781a.jpg

Dried off and cleaned up:

fbe5ea04.jpg

New car arrives on Friday afternoon. Just had firm confirmation. :bannana:

One more day. :rock:

Excuse my manners. Missed you original post somehow.

Welcome to the forum and Good Luck for a smooth pick up tomorrow.

CHEERS

Hi & welcome to the forum:thumb:

Thanks for the welcomes. :thumb:

Well, the wait is finally over. :cool:
My car arrived this afternoon. Not the best of pics as it was a quick effort on my phone as I left to pick my son up from school.

5d4b9fd0.jpg

No feedback on it yet as I've not had chance to do much more than sit in the car and move it on the drive. :crazy: Went for leather with heated seats so it's a very nice place to sit though! ;) Love the seven spoke wheels. I think I'm one of the few that actually specified them on my order in preference to the 5 spokes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom