(Yet another) Original Grille or Panamericana on my SL350?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You did ask, so...... I prefer the look in the first photo from your original post. To me, the larger horizontal line looks better than all the smaller verticals lines (imho)

P.S. Well deserved award for Norway..... ;)

Last edited:
I'd give you two likes for that if I could. I'd already wondered what I was going to do to protect the gubbins behind it when the existing grille's mesh had gone, and Shazam! there's the product and the answer. Thank you.

Last edited:
Now I know exactly what to look for, there's lots of options out there. The OE grille mesh on my CLS is plastic, and the Panamericana grille I've ordered is ABS plastic, so I may go for a plastic rather than a metal mesh.

Now I know exactly what to look for, there's lots of options out there. The OE grille mesh on my CLS is plastic, and the Panamericana grille I've ordered is ABS plastic, so I may go for a plastic rather than a metal mesh.
I'd be interested in what you do get 😃

This is it:

FRONT RADIATOR GRILLE 2012 TO 2014 CLS CLASS C218 CLS350 CLS500 PANAMERICANA GT | eBay

Best Offer of £110 accepted; or I could have had an identical item, which was the only other chrome surround one I found when I was looking, from Bugaria for £178...

I don't doubt they both came from the same Chinese factory, but if the quality was poor, I wouldn't want to have to return it to Bulgaria, irrespective of the price.

Last edited:
I am afraid I don't like the Panamericana grille on anything but the car that it is supposed to be on. It's right on Dave's S63 because it it supposed to be there. On others I think it looks a bit Mickey Mouse :rolleyes::(

Attachments

• s-l400 (1).jpg
    s-l400 (1).jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 3
I am afraid I don't like the Panamericana grille on anything but the car that it is supposed to be on. It's right on Dave's S63 because it it supposed to be there. On others I think it looks a bit Mickey Mouse :rolleyes::(

On a saloon car maybe. Don't agree for an SL. All in the eye of the beholder.

Attachments

• 143819313_1_540x.jpg
    143819313_1_540x.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom