Yet another sole that needs educating Merc wise

Discussion in 'New member introductions' started by Alan22, Feb 13, 2019 at 11:46 PM.

1. Alan22

Alan22 New Member

Car:
    CLK320
    Hi all, just another n00b looking to do the same as the rest of you, by the fact your here as well prior to my journey starting in the world of Merc's with my 1st one, namely a CLK320, but I am struggling with it's year the log book says 2002, it was sold as a 2003, but it says first registered in 2004, as best I can see it was imported from Ireland at some early point in time, which has no doubt caused these puzzles, but I will save this until tomorrow.

Just got myself my 1st ever Merc, and have a serious amount of questions, as I am struggling to set the flaming clock, let alone anything else, this is vastly down to no books with the car (only the service book), so I need to source manuals\instructions on the cars features, so I can get it set up how I need, then once I get to understand the car more, I can then ask the questions that I still need help with, so please bare with me, I will try and get the right sections to post in, but apology's if I get any in the wrong place.

2. tode

tode Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S350 BTEC
    Sounds fishy . . .

3. grober

grober MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C200CDI Estate
    Alan22 likes this.
  4. slade1

slade1 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK Ponton
    Ebay, some years ago I got owners manual, complete with command, zip case etc for around £15-20.

Alan22 likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Alan22

Alan22 New Member

Car:
    CLK320
    Only if that comes with chips lol.

But no it is legit, I am just trying to make sense of it all, to enable me to figure out if it's a 208 or a 209, as it crosses both time lines depending what you take as most accurate, which is due to being an import from Ireland when it was quite early on I think as the log book says 02/02/2004 on both registered, and registered UK, but under special notes it comments about manufactured 2003, but I will get hold of Mercedes to let me know what version it is for sure, Thanks guy's.

6. markjay

markjay MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
    When I bought my car the owners manual was missing, I downloaded the PDF version and also got one off eBay for £20 for completeness.

Alan22 likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Alan22

Alan22 New Member

Car:
    CLK320
    Yes a downloaded version was the immediate option I was looking for, then if I needed more I would get physical manuals in time as needed, just a case of finding that, along with getting the right version, so will be searching for that soon, Thanks for the reply.

8. grober

grober MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C200CDI Estate
    On the vehicle registration document or at the number displayed on the top of the dashboard[ passenger side ] look at the Vin number It will start WDB 208-------- or WDB 209 -------- depending on which model you have

Alan22 and merc85 like this.
  9. OP
    OP
    Alan22

Alan22 New Member

Car:
    CLK320
    Brilliant, I have a 209 then, Thanks for that. :cool: