Yet another sole that needs educating Merc wise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alan22

Car
CLK320
Hi all, just another n00b looking to do the same as the rest of you, by the fact your here as well prior to my journey starting in the world of Merc's with my 1st one, namely a CLK320, but I am struggling with it's year the log book says 2002, it was sold as a 2003, but it says first registered in 2004, as best I can see it was imported from Ireland at some early point in time, which has no doubt caused these puzzles, but I will save this until tomorrow.

Just got myself my 1st ever Merc, and have a serious amount of questions, as I am struggling to set the flaming clock, let alone anything else, this is vastly down to no books with the car (only the service book), so I need to source manuals\instructions on the cars features, so I can get it set up how I need, then once I get to understand the car more, I can then ask the questions that I still need help with, so please bare with me, I will try and get the right sections to post in, but apology's if I get any in the wrong place.

Only if that comes with chips lol.

But no it is legit, I am just trying to make sense of it all, to enable me to figure out if it's a 208 or a 209, as it crosses both time lines depending what you take as most accurate, which is due to being an import from Ireland when it was quite early on I think as the log book says 02/02/2004 on both registered, and registered UK, but under special notes it comments about manufactured 2003, but I will get hold of Mercedes to let me know what version it is for sure, Thanks guy's.

When I bought my car the owners manual was missing, I downloaded the PDF version and also got one off eBay for £20 for completeness.

Yes a downloaded version was the immediate option I was looking for, then if I needed more I would get physical manuals in time as needed, just a case of finding that, along with getting the right version, so will be searching for that soon, Thanks for the reply.

Only if that comes with chips lol.

But no it is legit, I am just trying to make sense of it all, to enable me to figure out if it's a 208 or a 209, as it crosses both time lines depending what you take as most accurate, which is due to being an import from Ireland when it was quite early on I think as the log book says 02/02/2004 on both registered, and registered UK, but under special notes it comments about manufactured 2003, but I will get hold of Mercedes to let me know what version it is for sure, Thanks guy's.
On the vehicle registration document or at the number displayed on the top of the dashboard[ passenger side ] look at the Vin number It will start WDB 208-------- or WDB 209 -------- depending on which model you have

Hi & welcome, nice motor!! Just had to do the alarm on my mates 209, it seems a bit of a week spot.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hi and welcome to the CLK club!
At least you now know what model you have!! ;)

Hi & welcome, nice motor!! Just had to do the alarm on my mates 209, it seems a bit of a week spot.

The alarms on these cars will be 12 to 15 years old now, hardly surprising that the internal batteries are now at the end of their life and the alarms need replacing?

The alarms on these cars will be 12 to 15 years old now, hardly surprising that the internal batteries are now at the end of their life and the alarms need replacing?
According to Mercedes they had sold just for the w209, 1600 alarms last year alone at £108 each

According to Mercedes they had sold just for the w209, 1600 alarms last year alone at £108 each

I removed mine when it kept sounding and would not stop. bucket of water cooled it off :)

Sorry for a slow reply, I don't get online as much lately, my hands don't start working until later in the day generally speaking, well fingers crossed my alarm is behaving, but I can't believe how hard it is to set the car up, all the options that is, I have yet to set the clock lol, I can get to cycle through the general options list, but can do nothing with them, every time I press a button it goes back to the main display, the 'button' in the dash I would associate with setting the clock acts like it's the reset button, but no idea as nothing else happens, and the Pioneer after market head unit keeps trying to find an iPhone, but I can't remove it, even after resetting the unit, oh the joy lol, Thanks for the reply's everyone.

Regarding the clock; possibly your car came with COMAND Sat nav which has been changed for the Pioneer unit? If so then the clock will be looking for a time signal from the absent COMAND unit. This can be coded out on Star.

It takes a moment or so to get your head around the Mercedes "logic" when selecting options, have the manual to hand or look on YouTube for guides.

Yes I'm sure it did come with command, as it seems to be very well spec'd, with Distronic radar in front, Auto Wipers\Lights, Bi Xenon's etc, parking front and rear, more I can't recall as well, and this is on a 2003 car, so not cheap or common place at that time I dare say, but yeah it has to be an after market unit (Pioneer AVH - X3600DAB), as they would not be fitted to the car by the factory I dare say, I take it this Star is some sort of unit you plug in, what a joy lol, Thanks for the info.

Let me know how you get on with plugging it into the mb Star system. I've not bothered thus far and set my clock by disconnecting the battery as I too have an aftermarket head unit (that like your seems to hate android and loves I-stuff!)
They are brilliant cars though. Any pictures of yours to share?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom