Yet another thank you thread for 124 Works Kirkham :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AANDYY

Car
E300DT-W210-1997-Elegance-Azurite Metalic Blue. (Don't mention the rust, LOL) Running on WVO. 65k m
Yes folk thanks again to 124 Works......
Thank you to Ian and James (Chris's brother) for pulling all the stops out and getting my car back on the road after an MOT failure :(, they worked until 6.30 PM on Wednesday for me.
Here's the storey. I went in Monday for pre MOT checks, the only major thing noticed was a leaky steering rack, which I was aware of before any way, no MOT slots available for that day so it was booked in for Tuesday, it failed on the rack, rack was ordered late on after the late afternoon MOT, rack arrived Wednesday lunch time, wrong rack (issues with part numbers and my vehicle :eek:), new rack arrives about 5 PM, Ian and James jumped to it, even though I said leave until tomorrow if you like!

As some of you know I help out there, this service was not offered to me just because I or Trapperjohn help out there, it's the same with customers.

I must however confess though! can you guess what's coming............

still no HobNobs! Tsk tsk....:devil:

29062011667.jpg

Offending leaky rack.

29062011681.jpg

Removed leaky rack.

29062011693.jpg

Shiny new rack :D.

30062011698.jpg

New rack fitted.

30062011699.jpg

New track rod ends.

This speedy work enabled me to do my driving trip around North Wales on Thursday including the 'Evo Triangle' (thread coming soon) :thumb::thumb::thumb:.

North Wales - Google Maps

:D:devil:

Its good to hear a another good 124 works tale, and Ian is working his magic.

Nice route BTW, looking forward to driving it.

Thanks Andy for the post. I notice that you managed to post the rust free photos :D:devil:

Is that an after market heavy duty sway bar on it? Maybe it's just the pic but it looks pretty beefy

Rob, its all standard. Don't forget this is a 3ltr turbo engine and as such is quite heavy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom