Yet another What's my car worth thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jonathan_T

Car
2007 Audi A8 3.0TDi Quattro
Hi All

As title suggests I'm after a general concensus of a sensible private sale value (and also a trade in value) for my 2001 w203 270cdi Elegance Saloon.
It's Silver, done 92K miles and has full service history (MB and MB Independent). 8 Months tax and 12 months MOT. Grey cloth interior. Pretty sure it's not got any added extras.

Condition is good only got a very small "oxidation" patch on front near side wing (less than a 5 pence piece in size).

Don't have any pics but pretty sure you all know what a w203 saloon looks like in silver.:)

I've got an itch I need a scratch in the form of an A6 3.0TDi Quattro.:eek:

Hi All

As title suggests I'm after a general concensus of a sensible private sale value (and also a trade in value) for my 2001 w203 270cdi Elegance Saloon.
It's Silver, done 92K miles and has full service history (MB and MB Independent). 8 Months tax and 12 months MOT. Grey cloth interior. Pretty sure it's not got any added extras.

Condition is good only got a very small "oxidation" patch on front near side wing (less than a 5 pence piece in size).

Don't have any pics but pretty sure you all know what a w203 saloon looks like in silver.:)

I've got an itch I need a scratch in the form of an A6 3.0TDi Quattro.:eek:

4 Doors, Automatic, Saloon, Diesel, 73,090 miles, Metallic Silver, MOT-02-2012, 2 Owners. ABS, Alloy wheels, Central locking, Cruise control, Front armrest, Headlight washers, Immobiliser, Passenger airbag, Rear armrest, Radio/Cassette, Side airbags, Radio/CD, Rear headrests, Traction control, Cloth seat trim, Electric door mirrors, Front electric windows, PAS, Service indicator, Audio remote control, Full size spare wheel, Remote central locking, Steering wheel reach adjustment, Alarm, Front fog lights, Trip computer, Drivers airbag, 3x3 point rear seat belts, Electrically adjustable drivers seat, Electrically adjustable passenger seat, Heated door mirrors, Height adjustable drivers seat, Rear electric windows, Space saver spare wheel, Steering wheel rake adjustment, Solid Paint. Insurance Group:15A, Very rare car being a 270 elegance.Mercedes service history.Great condition. £3,495

Paid 5K for mine (bit of a deal) .. 56K - Full Leather - FSH - 12 month ticket - Avant-Garde SE spec

Put your reg number into webuyanycar.com and itemise the "oxidation" any other bits that could affect value. Then go on Autotrader and ebay and get an average price off there. It will be somewhere in the middle.
For a quick sale go nearer the WBAC quote or if you are not in a rush match the Autotrader average.

Not a science by any means, but I used this method to sell a car last month. It went to first chap that viewed it. :thumb:

I was thinking £3.5k private or £2.7K trade at least very near....Don't think that's a million miles off the mark:dk:

Don't use we buy any car.com for a price(it will be below than the actual value-guaranteed).

Don't use we buy any car.com for a price(it will be below than the actual value-guaranteed).

Not from my experience.

It's been accurate with prices from Merc dealer, BMW dealer and private trader offers on the last two cars I've sold over a three year period.
The latest being a car I sold privately last month and from first considering selling (Oct '11) WBAC were within pounds of the dealer/trader quotes right through to Jan '12.
My local Merc dealer actually told me to use WBAC as a guide before speaking to them, as their offer would be the same or very very close. (It was).

I wouldn't sell to WBAC unless I absolutely had to, or sell privately at their price as it's trade value for a cash payment they are quoting.

Imho if you use their value as a bottom line as suggested ^^ and price between that and autotrader average for your car you are being realistic and the car will/should attract interest.

I used WBAC to value my previous BMW 120d M Sport. It consistently, over a few months, came up with a price (about £750 more) that was higher than most trade in offers from dealerships.

I think it all depends on how mainstream and sellable the car is, more expensive, exotic, executive they are the poorer the offer in my experience.

agreed! WBAC were nearly £5k less than a dealer gave me in px on our CLK recently (various dealers all offered a similar amount).

i got an average £ for a similar car/miles at a few dealers, take 15% off their forecourt price. also used a few of the free valuation sites online.

I was thinking £3.5k private or £2.7K trade at least very near....Don't think that's a million miles off the mark:dk:

Is it an auto?

If it is, your valuations aren't too far off the mark.

WBAC were nearly £5k less than a dealer gave me in px on our CLK recently

That makes sense to me - A cash offer from whatever source (WBAC etc) being far less than a part ex offer with margins from a dealer. Just hasn't been the case with the cars I've sold. (Both 4x4's).

As peterg said the car you are getting a price on clearly makes a big difference in pricing. WBAC increased their price to me from October '11 to Jan '12 by £1,600 (hysteria over snow and ice upped 4x4 values).
We didn't need to trade in so fortunately holding onto the car for 3 months then selling private made us quite a few quid more than part ex or cash trade sale.

Yes Auto.....

Think I'll have to do some sums to find best way to shoehorn myself into that A6 :thumb:

agreed! WBAC were nearly £5k less than a dealer gave me in px on our CLK recently (various dealers all offered a similar amount).

i got an average £ for a similar car/miles at a few dealers, take 15% off their forecourt price. also used a few of the free valuation sites online.

^ My experience of wbac is the same as Abbies,before part exing my clk cab against my cls i got a quote from wbac that was £2,500 below what i got & the car was only worth £6k!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom