Yo! If you haz bangin' choons, you iz fined innit.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stratman

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200 CDI '04Estate
£100 fine for loud music or chavvy exhausts in Bradford

Drivers who play loud music or rev their engines will be fined £100 under new laws.

Bradford Council has introduced a Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) to tackle anti-social driving.

It will allow the police and council officers to take action against those who make noise, including shouting, swearing or making sexual suggestions.

The measure was introduced after two-thirds of people in a survey said nuisance drivers were a problem.

More than 1,200 people responded to the survey, with the majority saying that they felt "unsafe" on the city's streets due to poor driving.

more...

Best be careful during hayfever season and cold season, all that noisy coughing and sneezing! :D

Damn so if the roof is dropped and I am driving through Bradford I will have to turn the radio off!

I guess it also means all AMG drivers are banned too due to their exhaust notes. The problem is they have passed a "subjective" ordinance which is likely to be unenforceable in a Court of Law, as Forest Gump would say stupid is as stupid does :)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Damn so if the roof is dropped and I am driving through Bradford I will have to turn the radio off!

I guess it also means all AMG drivers are banned too due to their exhaust notes. The problem is they have passed a "subjective" ordinance which is likely to be unenforceable in a Court of Law, as Forest Gump would say stupid is as stupid does :)

You drive through Bradford with the roof down?

Labour councillor Abdul Jabar said the new measure was about making people feel safe.

"Without the PSPO, it is difficult for the council or the police to combat anti-social use of a vehicle which does not constitute a breach of a specific motoring law," he said.

So if they're not breaking a law, they can still be done? Reminds me of "Not the Nine o'Clock News".

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Love it.

It will give the authorities a way of controlling the inconsiderate louts that seem to be everywhere.:). Cannot be much fun having some little selfish a$$hole arriving home at 2 in the morning with his crappy sounding exhaust and doof, doof subwoofers shaking the buildings.
Or an innocent C63amg driver simply visiting a client, if said officer is hell bent on pinning something on them because they have a sporty exhaust he can....

Or an innocent C63amg driver simply visiting a client, if said officer is hell bent on pinning something on them because they have a sporty exhaust he can....

yes - I'm sure they (po_po) will struggle to work out the difference between a luxury sports car (£70k and up) designed with it's exhaust, driven by a business man / woman and a crappy 206 (£3k and down) with a 4" exhaust and the **** weighed down with amps and subwoofers, driven by a little yob :)!

Why do we always assume that the cops are bad guys?

It all goes to the "broken windows" concept. Get rid of the petty crime & misbehaviour and the bigger issues will reduce (it is how they cleaned up New York).

Strange that, as society has become more tolerant of youth behaviour, youth crime has gone up. When I was a kid, it was unheard of for a kid to be stabbed to death - daily news now!

I don't think in this situation it's the rozzers that's an issue it's the so called "council officers" (aka little Hitler's) that are more likely to slap a fine on the expensive cars

I'll be going through Bradford on Saturday. :eek:

Best make sure Radio 2 is turned down and not rev the car...

I don't think in this situation it's the rozzers that's an issue it's the so called "council officers" (aka little Hitler's) that are more likely to slap a fine on the expensive cars
I parked correctly today in a proper designated bay outside my local post office for no more than 5 minutes. I came out to find the attached notice on the windscreen. Turned out to be the result of a green eyed tosser, look closely, unfortunately too many have this mentality including officials who will misuse any power that comes their way.
a723e043ca34cebc4eb225ed9c5772df.jpg
152cf6732406e137e2cb8d6b1798d385.jpg
1dd93c75f98f288463dfc99f77d37d2e.jpg

Fraud I guess

I parked correctly today in a proper designated bay outside my local post office for no more than 5 minutes. I came out to find the attached notice on the windscreen. Turned out to be the result of a green eyed tosser, look closely, unfortunately too many have this mentality including officials who will misuse any power that comes their way.
a723e043ca34cebc4eb225ed9c5772df.jpg
152cf6732406e137e2cb8d6b1798d385.jpg
1dd93c75f98f288463dfc99f77d37d2e.jpg

Got it!

I was parked in a line of cars only mine got the ticket, considered myself lucky as it is only a minor frame of mind change between that and a key down the side..!

The immediate giveaway is that the fine is reduced if paid in 48hrs as the statutory limit for reduction is 14 days, not to mention the other errors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom