Yorks/N Midlands/Lincs/Lancs Curry Night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
  1. Flanaia1
  2. TrapperJohn
  3. Corned
  4. Davidjpowell
  5. Timskemp
  6. Andi968
  7. *** (possible)
  8. Franey (Agrah Doncaster)??
  9. Allias +1 (If Sheffield)
  10. Proser (If Sheffield)
Gaining ground chaps, thanks, will let it run until end of this week and then we'll go for a location and date based on a Poll.

Cheers
Ian

That settles it then Aagrah, Doncaster, Fish and Chips for the Philistine,
Poll over.

*** is quite welcome to lodge at my place for the night (seperate room to me and Mrs F might I add!!)
Bit of a long trek for a ruby though Matey?

Dependant on the date, I wouldn't mind actually meeting some of you reprobates...:thumb:

Sorry for OT but does anyone here use Viseeo MB1000? I would like to see it during that meet - as long its possible. Would be another reason to show up :devil:

Depending upon date, I have a Viseeo MB1000 in my merc.

Time to Decide

OK the end of the week is here so it is time to Choose. I have selected restaurants from West to East of the area and week days that should suit.

Restaurants First
  • Mumtaz, Bradford. (West) High classs Traditional Indian Restaurant excellent food but does not serve alcohol. WEBSITE
  • Akbars, Sheffield. (Central) A new venture for Akbars from Bradford expanding to Sheffield, big restaurant close to M1 WEBSITE
  • Jinnah, York. (East) A top class restaurant in easy reach of those living in the east of the area. WEBSITE
Would anyone interested please indicate your preference HERE

Dates next
  • Tuesday 2nd November 2010
  • Wednesday 17th November 2010
  • Thursday 25th November 2010
Please could you indicate your available dates HERE (you can choose more than one)

I'll let the Poll's run until the end of next week and then book whatever is the preferred option.

Cheers
Ian

PS: Apologies to my Scottish friends for blatantly ripping off their idea of event and poll :)

Last edited:
The Aagrah Doncaster is very good. (Just off A1).
Also the Aagrahs in:
Denby Dale, (Just off M1)
Bradford (just off M62)
and other locations.
We have an Aagrah 15% discount card.
I might be able to pursuade the Managers at any of the above to extend it to a party.
I'll speak to Mrs J

Last edited:
The Aagrah Doncaster is very good. (Just off A1).
Also the Aagrahs in:
Denby Dale, (Just off M1)
Bradford (just off M62)
and other locations.
We have an Aagrah 15% discount card.
I might be able to pursuade the Managers at any of the above to extend it to a party.
I'll speak to Mrs J

I agree Aagrah's are good but not all of their restaurants cook food from fresh on the premises and some of it is shipped in from the main restaurant as bases and put together, which in my experience makes them a bit variable, which Is why I ruled them out of the above poll.

I live 2 minutes from the Doncaster one and would describe it as " Very average" and never eat there as there is better slightly further afield.

Thanks for the discount offer though much apprecuiated.

Please keep the votes for choices coming full details of restaurants, dates and how to vote in Post#29

Cheers

1. Flanaia1
  2. TrapperJohn
  3. Corned
  4. Davidjpowell
  5. Timskemp
  6. Andi968
  7. *** (possible)
  11. sspeed (Possible)
Gaining ground chaps, thanks, will let it run until end of this week and then we'll go for a location and date based on a Poll.

Cheers
Ian

Mmmm I do like a good curry..
Not quite enough to go to Glasgow but this is just about possible for me..
I may be stating the obvious but I assume the car parks of these places are "Merc Friendly" ???
In other words we aren't likely to aquire a go faster stripe are we?

Last edited:
Ok folks.

Just noticed this.

I can attend 2nd/25 November.

25th would be better as the Mrs will be away and there wont be any rush/pressure to get back earlier.

Might book into a hotel if we are going to get really late in finishing!

17th i'll be in Germany.

1. Flanaia1
  2. TrapperJohn
  3. Corned
  4. Davidjpowell
  5. Timskemp
  6. Andi968
  7. *** (possible)
  11. KJ kbhogalw126

Could SSPeed and kbhogalW126 please visit post #29 and vote for their choice of restaurant and date by clicking on the links. Cheers :thumb:

All of the places listed are very MB friendly and all regularly have a selection of high end cars in there complete with a car parking attendant to keep an eye on things, these are not your average curry houses but are very reasonably priced.

Flanaia1
TrapperJohn
Corned
Davidjpowell
Timskemp
Andi968
*** (possible)
Franey
Allias +1 (If Sheffield)
Proser (If Sheffield)
KJ kbhogalw126
SSpeed

Last edited:
Anyone interested please vote

Just a friendly reminder for all those who have not voted yet please could you vote as below

Choice & location & restauant vote HERE

Please indicate available dates HERE

Cheers
Ian

I wont vote as for me its easy to adjust as I go along. All dates and location seems to be OK for me. I will see how that pans out.

Last Chance to vote

Hi All last chance to vote on location and restaurant for the curry night, will let the poll run until 5pm Saturday and then I will book the restaurant Saturday night based on the numbers on the Poll

Allias could I ask you to vote so I book the correct numbers :thumb:

ALL PLEASE VOTE BELOW IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE SO ALREADY

Restaurant vote HERE

Post your availability HERE

Cheers
Ian

I may be able to make this one.

01 Flanaia1
02 TrapperJohn
03 Corned
04 Davidjpowell
05 Timskemp
06 Andi968
07 *** (possible)
08 Franey
09 Allias +1 (If Sheffield)
10 Proser (If Sheffield)
11 KJ kbhogalw126
12 SSpeed
13 Ringway

If I can make a suggestion for whichever restaurant we use?

Would it be possible to have a large round table instead of a long table. It's so much easier to converse at a round table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom