Yorks/N Midlands/Lincs/Lancs Curry Night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Table booked for 12 people, booked under my name (Ian) or the Mercedes Benz Club, take your pick. I will be going straight from work so will be there around 7:15pm

Now the weather is turning cold I think a nice Madras may be in order :bannana:

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,
I too will be going straight from work..
Its a 2 hour drive for me so please excuse the dishevelled appearance !!:crazy:
See you later mate,

S.

Hope you had a good night. I'm sorry I could not make this in the end, but have only just got back now...

It was a nice evening.

Met and put faces to names which was good.

The venue was not bad especially the huge hung naans!

Cant wait for the next one!

Thanks for organising it flanaia1.

Regards,

KJ

Yes very enjoyable.
Faces to names, look forward to the next one next month.

Thanks for aranging Falnaina.

Many thanks to all those that attended some of who battled for 3 hours through atrocious conditions to get there. We made 11 in total including Mrs Johnsco & Mrs Franey which I thought was a very respectable turnout, so a very nice evening was enjoyed by all good food and great company what more could you ask for on a cold wet winters night? I look forward to the next one.:thumb:

Cheers
Ian

Yes well done Ian. Great to see so many folk.

The menu warmed the cockles of the heart after seeing soooo many break lights, all solid red stretching past that loop by the "little house on the prairie"

Defo worth the run (never seen nans like that) see you all again soon. The trip back was only an hour and a half, just myself and a few truckers trundling along;

Thanks Ian for organising a cracking-good evening..
Best wishes to all
from
J. + Mrs J.

Hi All,
I have to say I was close to giving up on the journey there..
The rain was horrendous and there was 3 motorway accident tailbacks to contend with.
BUT, I am glad I percivered because the food that kbhogalW126 introduced me to was excellent.
Its a pity I didnt get chance to natter to more of you as I was perched at the end of the long table out of everyones earshot.. I bet you all arranged it that way before I got there !!:D
I look forwards to seeing you all again.
S.

It was a good evening but maybe for the next one we should try to find an establishment with a round table.

Might be easier to chat more to others.

Simon, were your guts ok this morning?

I had the burning ring of fire all day!

Recovered enough to get on to the motorway to head down to Tunbridge Wells this evening!

Whens the next one then? Early December maybe?

Regards,

KJ

Hi All,
I have to say I was close to giving up on the journey there..
The rain was horrendous and there was 3 motorway accident tailbacks to contend with.
BUT, I am glad I percivered because the food that kbhogalW126 introduced me to was excellent.
Its a pity I didnt get chance to natter to more of you as I was perched at the end of the long table out of everyones earshot.. I bet you all arranged it that way before I got there !!:D
I look forwards to seeing you all again.
S.

There is one on November the 9th HERE.

Sorry I couldn't make it guys, by all acounts it sounds like you had a top evening.

If the timing was different, I'd have been able to come along. I'm working in Millhouses shortly. :doh:

It was a good evening but maybe for the next one we should try to find an establishment with a round table.

Might be easier to chat more to others.

Simon, were your guts ok this morning?

I had the burning ring of fire all day!

Recovered enough to get on to the motorway to head down to Tunbridge Wells this evening!

Regards,

KJ

Hi KJ..
I was fine but then I have a ridiculously slow metabolism so I am fortunate in that I am not affected that way..Even with Vindaloos..
I enjoyed the chat very much and look forwards to the next time...

RINGWAY.. The meetup you pointed out I am going on next teusday..It will be a lot easier for me to get to..
Are you going?
Ahhh Just read the thread and I see you are..

RINGWAY.. The meetup you pointed out I am going on next teusday..It will be a lot easier for me to get to..
Are you going?
Ahhh Just read the thread and I see you are..

Yes, I'll be there Simon. :thumb:

Wouldn't want to miss out on the sirloin steak with Diane sauce. Yum!

The food at The Dog is very fresh. Not many people finish the King Cod, but Corned managed to do so last time. Might be time to pitch him against ***? :D

Might be time to pitch him against ***? :D

I think not! I doubt I'd be much competition for young Steve in any event.

Anyhoo - great curry, and good to catch up with some 'old' faces and meet some new ones too. Many thanks to Ian for organising the event. :thumb:

I took a couple of snaps but it was quite dark in there and they are crap. Here are the best two:

1. L to R: Mrs Johnsco's left arm, Mrs Franey (yes she really does eat that fast :D), Mr Franey, Mr Speed, Mr Bhogal's left arm, Mr Kemp, and a bit of Mr Proser (but not a good bit:p).

2. L to R: Mr 'That's another fine mess you've got me into' Flanaia1, Mr Stanley Johnsco.

The weather was rubbish for the southbounders too, and I had a major tankslapper going down the hill away from J30 M1. As I crept past an artic - at less than 60 I might add - the bow wave he was producing washed into my lane and the next thing I know I am looking straight on at the side of his trailer, then at the central reservation, then the tyres found some purchase and I straightened up again. All without any steering input from me! New tyres too. The bloke some way behind clearly expected the worst, because he backed right off. I genuinely thought I was going under that trailer.

Anyway - I didn't, so - when's the next one?!!!! :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics.
God ... I look completely bevied (which I wasn't)

To the Gent who mailed me for the wheel bearing, your email has vanished for some unknown reason!!

Please get in touch, Cheers.

Are we on again?

Following on from all the curry threads running I thought I would add another :D

I've just seen the Aagrah restaurants have 25% off in January and as I'm sure Johnsco will support me in this they are good, so this could make it a very cheap night out.

Here is the LINKY to the restaurants they have

Denby Dale is close to M1 near Barnsley

Doncaster one is next to A1

If you want to go west of the region then probably Tadcaster

Sheffield is city centre and easy acessible.

Anyway have a look see what you think and lets see if we can put a date on it in Jan:thumb:

All suggestions welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom