Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Shart? Isn't that, like, halfway between a fart and a, well, y'know...

ad luvter cum burayant gorra mercatminnit

Tha' can cadge wimme n'all if tha' waants. Or just drive up in tha' chariot, merc or not...

Shart? Isn't that, like, halfway between a fart and a, well, y'know...

It probably should be more like 'shaat', but that only makes matters worse!

Last edited:
We may be a little late - can you ping me a mobile number in case

Thanks again to Ian and John for organising this. Great day out and well worth the trip. Good to meet you John and was good to catch up with the familiar faces

Right back atcha Steve. A lovely way to spend a birthday! Thanks ian for organising. I got back to the outlaws just in time for their Saturday evening drinks and choccy snacks.

Did anyone (Tim/Ian/John?) get held up on the A64 around the Tadcaster area on the way back? I got diverted off by the police at that fish'n'chip restaurant. Road just closed for some reason. Ian and Tim were ahead of me...

Last edited:
Good time yesterday, sorry couldn't stay longer but fitting lots in at the moment - great to see you all again!

Corned: didn't come back A64 so don't have a clue. That chippy (triton) on the A64 is very good though!

Morning All.
Excellent day out.
Many Thanks Ian for organising.

... Great place
... Good weather for December (Blue skies most of the day)
... A small bevy (There is no bad beer)
... Fish and chips a joy to eat (Trencher's did not disappoint)
... Excellent company and a good run out.

We must do it again, some time.

I'm working today at a customer's in Bradford, and working near Reading on Monday.
Will post some pics when I get a few minutes.

Good to meet Steve for the first time + our usual suspects from Yorkshire / Nottinghamshire.

We suffered the diversion off the A64.
We understand that there was a serious accident near Tadcaster, which closed the A64.
We were diverted off to God-Knows-Where.
If there had not been a long line of red lights to follow, we would have been pretty-much lost. (Nothing new there ... says Mrs J.).

Looking forward to the next curry night in January to be organised by Corned.

Cheers Everyone --- Hope you all enjoyed it as much as we did.
If you didn't come, you missed a memorable day.

Great to see you all again and what a great day, thanks to *** for making the long trek South hope the food met your expectations and don't forget to post some of your pics when you get chance.

Good as always to see our usual "Curry Crew" and enjoy a few beers and excellent fish and chips. Weather was cold and crisp but sunny and blue skies so perfect for the occasion.

Unfortunately i suffered the A64 closure but took the back roads into Tadcaster and rejoined it just before the A1 so cost me about 15 mins in all

Must do it again in the New Year,

So a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone, hope it's a good one for you :thumb:

Photos will follow soon (See post #93)
*** and I both took some.
Whitby is a very photo-genic place

Photos of the harbour area

Attachments

• DSC04563.JPG
    DSC04563.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC04577.JPG
    DSC04577.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC04583.JPG