Yorkshire (Organised)nChristmas GTG All Welcome

Date of Christmas GTG @ Bispam

• Sunday 9th December 2012

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Sunday 16th December 2012

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
Dear All

Last year we had our Christmas GTG at Whitby in North Yorkshire and a great time was had by all an afternoon around the pubs and harbour finished off with traditional fish and chips at one of Yorkshire's if not the Country's finest restaurants.

So that time of yer is here again and I'm canvassing for dates and venues to hold the 2012 event. I've spoke to the other regulars and they think it should be somewhere on the coast but we are prepared to go West Coast this year as we did East Coast last year but are not ruling out a return to the East Coast So suggestions please for a venue North of Leicester but South of Newcastle.

I'll let the thread run a while see what we get and then go from there

So come on boys and girls get posting :bannana:

Southport way. I'll bet Meldrew knows of suitable places. Hell, he has already told us about breakfast! lol

Southport way. I'll bet Meldrew knows of suitable places. Hell, he has already told us about breakfast! lol

I believe there are some good driving roads that way too. Trough of Bowland not far away

As an possible alternative to the coast maybe the dales or lakes, but would plan to join wherever it is.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using MBClub UK

Sounds like a good idea to us ...
Anywhere within easy reach will be great.
Last year's sea-side day out at Whitby was most-enjoyable.

As a Lancastrian by birth ... It pains me to admit that East coast fish and ships is tops

There is a very good "Italian" at Bispam, Blackpool.
"La Piazza 2" on Red Bank Road, if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
if earlyish lunch and it's a free weekend for me, I might attempt a journey down South the night before .. as I have relatives in the area I'd like to visit too.

I will look for parking spots as Bispham can be quite busy. Oh Might as well come along too. :thumb:

Wrong side of the hill for that :D Can I get into Red Rose County with a Peoples Republic of South Yorkshire passport :dk:

Fight, fight!;)

I will look for parking spots as Bispham can be quite busy. Oh Might as well come along too. :thumb:

What about Norbreck Castle Hotel car park or the Leisure Centre next door the back car park furthest away from it is usually fairly empty but not sure about weekends. Used to meet up there with other colleagues when I was repping and had the west Coast as my patch :D

Also when I went through there the other week for the illuminations I'm pretty sure I noticed a premier Inn somewhere near Bispam? they always have good parking :)

Last edited:
Bispam it is

OK guys and gals looks like Bispam is a clear favourite, so that's the location sorted so now lets try a date.

I'm going to suggest Sunday 9th or 16th December or as an alternative Saturday 15th December.

Who's available any of these dates? if you could indicate interest and dates you are available, then we'll sort where we are meeting and eating in Bispham :D

cheers

Only the 9th is good for me Ian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom