Yorkshire Seaside Resorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
Not since I was a child have I been to the Yorkshire sea resorts.

We'd like to book a week in a static caravan - we're not bothered about site "entertainment" (though a pool would be nice) and would be using it as a base for days out in the area.

We do statics as we're all veggies and also I'm very fussy about food.

Must be (small) dog friendly too.

My boys are 15 and 18 and are typical of lads that age - my wife likes history so a couple of trips would be to sites of historic interest.

Whitby?
Scarborough?
Bridlington?

Any other ideas?

Any recommended sites?

Any member got a static to rent?

Thanks,

Do I have to go to Lancashire instead :dk:

Primrose Valley at Filey is nice. I think Flania has a van there also.

It has entertainment which you can use or not - but is good for teenagers. All 3 resorts easily accessible and Filey itself is nice.

Of the three that you mention I prefer Whitby and Scarborough.

Primrose Valley at Filey is nice. I think Flania has a van there also.

It has entertainment which you can use or not - but is good for teenagers. All 3 resorts easily accessible and Filey itself is nice.

Of the three that you mention I prefer Whitby and Scarborough.

Thanks- I'll have a look.

To be honest, you can't really go wrong all along the East Riding of Yorkshire's coastline.

We sometimes take the children to a static in Bridlington at South Cliff, not too sure about dogs but it is only a 5 minute walk to the beach and its a very clean site; we are the only riff-raff on there...

It's also a good base to visit York, a nice scenic run along the A166.

Yep we got a van there, (well its a bit more than that and I call it a van then get slapped by SWMBO who says its a holiday home :D) Ours is on the new lake development furthest from the entertainment centre. Primrose Valley has everything for everybody thats why we chose it, equidistant between Scarborough and Bridlington. Filey it'self is nice but quiet and quaint.

We chose Primrose Valley as all the family use it and we all have varied tastes, the site has a fantastic showbar if you are into that sort of thing (We are not but SWMBO sister is) It's great for kids very pet friendly. Give the peak times a swerve though it does get insanely busy late August Early September is best if you want to take advantage of all the facilities.

That part of the coast is spectacular walk from Primrose down the beach to Filey then out onto Filey brigg it's stunning, I always chill when we go there really recharges the battery.

If thats where you fancy let me know as I do know a few owner who rent out their caravans all 8 berth modern some with en - suite.

If you are going East Coast Yorkshire stay beteeen Whitby in the North and Bridlington in the south :thumb:

To be honest, you can't really go wrong all along the East Riding of Yorkshire's coastline.

We sometimes take the children to a static in Bridlington at South Cliff, not too sure about dogs but it is only a 5 minute walk to the beach and its a very clean site; we are the only riff-raff on there...

It's also a good base to visit York, a nice scenic run along the A166.

Thanks fella, the wife's very keen to see York.

Robinhoods bay is lovely and produces some great [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ammonites.
[/FONT]

Hi,
a trip that may suit for a day out to Castle Howard on the A64 towards York.
Home :: Castle Howard :: It?s a beautiful day

Also a visit to Beverley, almost a mini York for a look around is not too far and a great drive scenery wise to get there across the Yorkshire Wolds.

If you like walks lots available across the moors. e.g.
Walks in North Yorkshire - all free to print off or download

A steam train trip from Pickering to Goathland or on to Whitby is great if you like this sort of thing.
http://www.nymr.co.uk/

Loads to do in York my best ones are a walk on the walls and a boat trip on the river.
York Boat - Home River Cruises, Birthday Cruises, City Cruises, York, North Yorkshire

usually something on at the Spa in Scarborough
Scarborough Spa

Don

Last edited:
Whitby, Robin Hood's Bay as Sandsend in that order.

If I'm up in Whitby sorting business at the same time you can drop in for tea and biscuits :D

Rigg Farm Holiday Park allows dogs if you check in advance with them:

Located here:
Stainsacre
Whitby
North Yorkshire
YO22 4LP

Whitby, Robin Hood's Bay as Sandsend in that order.

If I'm up in Whitby sorting business at the same time you can drop in for tea and biscuits :D

We'd better sync diaries then - I'll do anything for a free cuppa :D.

We'd better sync diaries then - I'll do anything for a free cuppa :D.

Sure thing :thumb:

5753e07e-ad3f-401d-b4db-eaf7f7591d12_main_RT1019-270.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom