Yorkshire YOMP 2012 - Driving Tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
OK boys and girls something new for early Spring 2012 a driving tour around Yorkshire.

My thoughts so far are a full days tour stopping on route for lunch and finishing with an evening meal, B&B will be available both ends for those that require it.

So far my envisaged route would take in the following, Snake Pass, The Ribblehead Run, Buttertubs Pass, and the Yorkshire Moors Yomp. So would probably start around Sheffield and Peak District and end North Yorks area Whitby or maybe slightly further North.

It's not a race just a pleasant driving tour through some stunning roads and scenery in good company. Plenty of stops on route for photography and the regular banter.

So at this stage I'm just trying to gauge interest so I can start with the planning. I was thinking maybe late March or early April after we have put the clocks forward to maximize the most of the light.

So If you are Interested then please add your name to the list along with any suggestions below.

1. Flanaia1

Last edited:
Me too - got an event in March but will see what I can do!

1. Flanaia1
2. Igurisu
3. Timskemp
4. corned
5. Gollom

I too have things on around this time but it does sound interesting!

In the Alps with Mercedes-Benz Club third week of April but otherwise I would enjoy such a trip.

a possible?

Mic

1. Flanaia1
2. Igurisu
3. Timskemp
4. corned
5. Gollom
6. MicB ((Possible)(Hope you dont mind me adding you MicB))
7. trapperjohn

1. Flanaia1
2. Igurisu
3. Timskemp
4. corned
5. Gollom
7. trapperjohn
8. D-18 (Provisional - depends on work commitments)

1. Flanaia1
2. Igurisu
3. Timskemp
4. corned
5. Gollom
7. trapperjohn
9. Sweetpea (Date dependant)

Not wishing to tread on any toes, but a suggestion for a meeting place to launch is the Yorkshire Bridge pub on the A6013 (Ashopton Road) just south of the Ladybower dam wall.

Question: What are we doing in Derbyshire? And on the wrong (wet) side of the Pennines? :D

1. Flanaia1
2. Igurisu
3. Timskemp
4. corned
5. Gollom
7. trapperjohn
10. gmanrangers

1. Flanaia1
2. Igurisu
3. Timskemp
4. corned
5. Gollom
7. trapperjohn
10. gmanrangers
11. *** - date dependent....

It might not be a race BTW but you've got some of the forums biggest eaters there, Me, Tim and Ian F. Whilst I never condone racing on the highways ;) I'll race you to the buffet!!!

Great glad we seem to be getting some traction on this

@ Corned you not stepping on anyone's toes mate and the Yorkshire Bridge pub is a cracking starting point with good photo opportunities for your MB and Ladybower Reservoir and easy access to the Snake Pass.

@ *** I'll talk to you at your Scottish curry night on the 10th so we make sure we don't clash on dates as I want to come on yours this year as well and also would be good to have you down here again so will try and make the date when you are available.

I will work out a route over the Christmas break and post for comment, I'm open to suggestion so if there is a particular road you want to drive in Yorkshire just let me know and i'll try and include it in the route.

Also do we want to keep it a one day tour or do you want an overnight stop? all thoughts welcome and everyone and their friends welcome too.

Looking forward to it already :D

Last edited:
Subject to dates I have pursuaded the other half that this would be a good trip to be on. We can't do the last week of March as we are already on holiday.
We would obviously need a B&B at both ends as we would be coming from Surrey.

It would be damned rude not too :D

1. Flanaia1
2. Igurisu
3. Timskemp
4. corned
5. Gollom
7. trapperjohn
10. gmanrangers
12 Ian Walker

Also do we want to keep it a one day tour or do you want an overnight stop? all thoughts welcome and everyone and their friends welcome too.

Looking forward to it already :D

One day better for me, though if it's across two days there's more chance I'll be able to make at least half of it!

1. Flanaia1
2. Igurisu
3. Timskemp
4. corned
5. Gollom
7. trapperjohn
10. gmanrangers
12 Ian Walker
13. c240sport97 (definitely if weekend)

One day better for me, though if it's across two days there's more chance I'll be able to make at least half of it!

You drive twice as fast as everyone else, so you'll do the whole lot in a day anyway:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom