You could eat your dinner off it!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MaKaToM

Car
C204 C63
My LHS valve cover had a small hairline fracture in the back, so I decided to pull it off and replace it.
There was no way I could put a shiny new valve cover on an 8 year old engine bay though, so I decided to give her a tickle.
Looking well 😊

local pic shower

Looking good! It's surprising the number of these you see with the air conditioning data sticker missing from the centre square in the plastic panel over the radiator.

Yeah, I think some people don’t like stickers so pull them off. I like originality though, so am happy with it being there 👍🏻

I can probably dig the part number out for you. It annoys me, because whenever they are in for AC regas I have to look the capacity up instead of just looking at the sticker. You aren’t alone, probably 1 in 3 I see have no sticker. I wonder if they left the factory without. It seems too common to be a case of they have been peeled off or the panel has been replaced

If you could get the part number that would be amazing thanks! Yeah I want it to be as flawless as I can get it.

Thanks!

I’ll look at a late one this week and get the part number. It’s on the sticker

You’re a star, thanks mate!

My LHS valve cover had a small hairline fracture in the back, so I decided to pull it off and replace it.
There was no way I could put a shiny new valve cover on an 8 year old engine bay though, so I decided to give her a tickle.
Looking well 😊

local pic shower
It looks great, which products did you use for this and the RR ?

It looks great, which products did you use for this and the RR ?
Bilt Hamber Surfex HD watered down at about 10% lightly sprayed in the engine bay with a foamer. Then went over everything with soft detailing brushes before rinsing off with water, blowing standing water out with the leaf blower and wiping everything over with microfibre cloths.
Once dry, I used Turtle Wax Citrus Matt Finish on Ringways recommendation just to give it a little extra pop. It did make a difference 👍🏻

I showed a friend a picture so he just dropped his missus’ Range Rover Sport off for a “tickle” too. Just a quick one, but it’s looking better for it!

If that's after a "tickle", I'd love to see it after a full-on clean 😎

Looking well 😊

local pic shower
I've booked mine in for the same issue 👍

If you’re confident in doing it yourself, then it’s no more than an hour from start to finish.
I bought the cover, complete with gasket and bolts from MB for £250 and then installed it myself.

I think you’ll be looking at about £600 for MB to do it, which is a good saving to put into the fuel tank instead 👍🏻

Its booked in for Thursday £425 all in for the sake of £150 id rather keep my knuckles driverside looks ok to do pretty straight forward 👌

Its booked in for Thursday £425 all in for the sake of £150 id rather keep my knuckles driverside looks ok to do pretty straight forward 👌
Yeah that’s not so bad. Mine was passenger side so a little trickier, but not too tricky 👍🏻

Mi
Yeah that’s not so bad. Mine was passenger side so a little trickier, but not too tricky 👍🏻
Mine is passenger side it seems thats the only 1 which has the issue 🤔 should of left them as ally as in the pre facelift

Agreed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom