You have reached your destination.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Surf Blau

Car
1984 Mercedes-Benz 190D
Recently I decided to install a Comand 2.0 unit in my car. It is of course a 163-unit without Can-Bus. I also opted for the FiberOptic (FO) CD-changer, both because the CD-slot up front is used by the navi-CD, but also because I heard rumours saying that the laser would wear out sooner due to use of regular CDs up front - better to be safe than sorry, right? :)

Since the Comand is a double-DIN unit it won't fit all cars - luckily the W201 is one it will fit! :)

Here is a pic of how it used to look (This CD-player is for sale BTW):
CntrConsole-1.JPG

The old CD-player was removed, and the modifications could start! The map-pocket was cut to house the Comand, as was the lower centre console since this was too high in the back, doing so that the Comand couldn't be pushed all the way in.. Extra wires run were: Speedpulse from the speedometer, FO-cables to the CD-changer, antenna cable for the navi-antenna, as well as a signal-cable for the electric antenna. The navi-antenna was placed under the rear-deck. Both the antenna cable and FO-cable were a bit too long, so these are looped underneath the rear seat.
Comand-Einbau-1.jpg

Comand-Einbau-2.jpg

Comand-Einbau-3.jpg

Comand-Einbau-4.jpg

After the modifications were finished, everything could be installed. The CD-changer was mounted on the left side underneath the rear deck with a modified W210-bracket. The dark picture is to show the night-display, but my camera kinda suck at dark without the flash...:
Comand-1.jpg

Comand-3.jpg

Comand-4.jpg

CD-veksler-1.jpg

CD-veksler-2.jpg

CD-veksler-3.jpg

One of the functions I really appreciate is one that one has to go into the service-menu to find:
Comand-2.jpg

This one shows how much Voltage your car currently has, whether it is warm or cold, how many satelites you are receiving, how fast you are going, etc..

As you can see in this picture the speedometer in my car is quite accurate :):
159kmh.jpg

BIG props to Steve "MBenzNL" for helping me with this! :)

Very nice , you and steve have done a good job with that , looks almost OEM.. :D

Its giving me ideas :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom