You`re driving a dinosaur!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

esox

So,tap into a pool of millions-of-years-old muck in the Earths crust,refine and distill,squirt it into a machine with up-and-downy bits,whirry,round-and-roundy things,set fire to it to force a plug go up and down in a barrel!!

Robert Stephenson was doing basically the same thing nearly two hundred years ago!

Shouldn`t we be using an "ion-discharge vane propultion device",or "kinetic-potential induction driver motor" or something considering the technology available today?

Yeah,i know - petrochemical industry=politics,but is it just me or is the internal combustion engine beginning to look a little aged?
And no - i`m not a tree-hugger....

:)

esox said:
So,tap into a pool of millions-of-years-old muck in the Earths crust,refine and distill,squirt it into a machine with up-and-downy bits,whirry,round-and-roundy things,set fire to it to force a plug go up and down in a barrel!!

... and the metal elements in the machine were formed inside a star even more millions of years before that.

esox said:
Robert Stephenson was doing basically the same thing nearly two hundred years ago!

My first pedantic post of 2007 :) . Robert Stevenson's device was an external combustion engine.

DieselE said:
My first pedantic post of 2007 :) . Robert Stevenson's device was an external combustion engine.

I think the point was that it used fossil fuel in the sahpe of coal. Of course it could have used wood as a fuel, which I have tried to use in the Panzer but can't get it to flow through the fuel filters very well.:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom