You will NOT believe the conclusion to this story!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Climbing into a house to warn someone. I'd not believe that if I was on a jury.

What would happen if we turned the tables? E.g. kept a clean, unused knife handy, no prints, and stuck it in the scrotes hand so their prints were on it?

In our society we have an entire sub-culture that works on the basis of "when I am caught" and not "if I am caught" They share their learnings from being caught and how best to avoid it in the future, when in prison. Prison educates lots of these career criminals into creating a forensic approach to their criminality.

What they are very well aware of this. A judge and jury will only convict where evidence is overwhelmingly strong to allow them to do so without fear of an appeal and re-trial.

By admitting being at the scene they explain away the forensic ties. Now all they need do is offer up an explanation as to why they were innocently found at the scene. No matter how this explanation may seem to us? It only has to raise a minimal level of "it could be true" in the mind of one or two of the jurors and the prosecution will fail.

The CPS who are well versed in this will often take the route of not prosecuting on the basis of the above.

We are only hearing of one very sad case here. This is happening every single day of the year.

Oh? By the fact they expect to be caught. Be very careful. This also means they are well versed in how to escape in the event that they are apprehended at the scene.

To those who chose to hide their car keys in the bedroom. I say.....DON'T. If they want your car is very probable that they have researched you and your family as well as your property before they turn up ready to take your "with keys".

Scum.. !! no small wonder then that decent law abiding people do take justice into their own hands.. I remember about 25 years ago my former biz partners Grans house was broken into and things taken.. long story short the Police knew who it was as did family and friends but proving it another matter ......in a semi rural area jungle drums etc etc ... so the families 3 sons visited said scumbag and gave him a good hiding... he was so ashamed and subsequently so frightened he never spoke about it for fear of getting another beating..!!.. there is a def time and a place for traditional justice.. I know how I would feel if it were any of my family....foxy52

Find him and hurt him badly the only language these scrotes understand, even better if whilst he's recovering in hospital someone does the same thing to his mum.

Does their local area have a Facebook 'spotted' or similar page?

Posting with these anonymous pages can get surprising leverage, and even if no outcome can be a really good tool to show just how rubbish the justice system really is

Only recently saw a post about a disabled guy living in terrible conditions, with all the sharing the council ended up having to take notice and re-housed him somewhere much more suitable

The right amount of publicity always gets to the right people. Sorry to hear about this though

When we had our garage broken into and all our bikes stolen the police were on the scene really quickly and a police dog followed a trail and found a scrote hiding in a ditch about 1/2 mile away, result! Unfortunately he claimed that the only reason he was hiding in a ditch at three in the morning was that he was wanted by the police for something else, they accepted this defence and let him go. Clearly what the police (and I assume the CPS) see as reasonable doubt that will stop a successful prosecution is completely different to most of us.
Thankfully the OPs parents seem like really strong people so hopefully they can put this behind them and get on with their lives now.

The police have their own agenda and apparently it doesn't consist of locking up burglars.

You have to ask why is this?

We can only assume that they are under pressure to spend less money. Locking people up is expensive so sombody further up the food-chain is telling them to stop doing it.

What the OP has experienced is the real, human result of this nonsense.

We have a society where if you have nothing, you have nothing to lose. If you have something, you can be controlled by the powers that be, by threatening to take it away.. If you have nothing to lose, what't the point in locking you up?

All the time this situation continues, depressingly, so will these incidents.

To the OP, I'm really sorry your parents have been put through this, but in my experience some levels of society just can't be "made to pay".

I hope your parents can rationalise this and move on...

Sorry to hear this Ant. Unfortunately the decision whether or not to prosecute this oxygen thief is down to the CPS and the determining factor is the likelihood of the prosecution being a successful one.
As pathetic as his defence is, if the prosecution cannot prove 'beyond all reasonable doubt' that it is utter nonsense, he would get off.
So rather than run that risk, time & effort they would rather not prosecute in the first instance knowing the odds of it being successful are less than 50%.

You are most definitely are a better man than me for not using alternative means of justice, as sometimes that is the only way to bring some sort of closure.

Hope your parents make a speedy recovery from their ordeal.

Unless it is violent crime, the Police just aren't interested.

How true. Recently both our nice-ish cars were smashed to bits on our drive by two guys with a bat and an axe and the police were saying "it's only metal", "it's highly unlikely we'll find (read be bothered to look for) the crims" and I've heard nothing since.

It's a pity that the scumbag didn't lose enough blood to render him incapable of running away
Mind you after reading your story and the way pc plod dealt with it all
I think that your mum and dad would have been charged with causing the wounds by not keeping sharp objects secure

The law protects the criminal in this country.

Ant, Sorry to read this tale & learn of the feeble excuse given. I so hope that your mum & dad are ok & getting over their ordeal

Dave & Eve

OMG Ant gutted for you and your parents Pal hope every one concerned is OK buddy.
If I was you I'd let the bizzys take care of it, can soon get roped into all the crap, and I know from experience Pal.
Helped a friend out with some thugs and I got 240hours community service for my actions.
Stay clear and install some cameras and security lights mate.
The world's full of scumbags.
Hope your parents can put this behind them and get on with their lives in peace mate.

If you dealt with the issue yourself, you can bet the police would be interested then...

The law protects the criminal in this country.
We should get the President of the Philippines over to sort this kind of stuff out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom