You worry about some people......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
We had been trying to find an unusual lightbulb and no one had it. I then remembered that I had an account with an electrical wholesalers who would have it.

My wife went to see them yesterday and they did have the bulbs at 27p each but in multipacks of 5 of 10. My wife was being served by a young man who got the 5 pack of bulbs of the shelf and said the 10 pack was £3.00 but as we only needed one bulb my wife said she'd take the 5 pack. The lad scans them through the till and then asks for £12.54!!! My wife says but if the 10 pack is only £3 then I'd be better off taking the 10 pack. The lad say "Computer says £12.54". "Right then cancel that and I'll have the 10 pack" says my wife. The supervisor is walking past and cancels the transaction and takes £3 for the bulbs and my wife leaves the shop.

When she gets home she looks at the receipt. When did this all happen 12:54 !!! The lad was trying to charge her the time.....:D

I said she should go back as it was now 01.00 O'Clock!!

We had been trying to find an unusual lightbulb and no one had it. I then remembered that I had an account with an electrical wholesalers who would have it.

My wife went to see them yesterday and they did have the bulbs at 27p each but in multipacks of 5 of 10. My wife was being served by a young man who got the 5 pack of bulbs of the shelf and said the 10 pack was £3.00 but as we only needed one bulb my wife said she'd take the 5 pack. The lad scans them through the till and then asks for £12.54!!! My wife says but if the 10 pack is only £3 then I'd be better off taking the 10 pack. The lad say "Computer says £12.54". "Right then cancel that and I'll have the 10 pack" says my wife. The supervisor is walking past and cancels the transaction and takes £3 for the bulbs and my wife leaves the shop.

When she gets home she looks at the receipt. When did this all happen 12:54 !!! The lad was trying to charge her the time.....:D

I said she should go back as it was now 01.00 O'Clock!!

Poor chap, he is probably not going to last in the job very much longer.

My wife went to see them yesterday and they did have the bulbs at 27p each but in multipacks of 5 of 10. My wife was being served by a young man who got the 5 pack of bulbs of the shelf and said the 10 pack was £3.00 but as we only needed one bulb my wife said she'd take the 5 pack.

If they are 27p each, why is a pack of 10 £3? You pay more for the additional packaging?

27p plus vat.

computer says.... little britain, and young people without the power of independant thought, thats why we get taught maths at school so when a computer gives as an answer we can guage whether it is correct or not as we can work it out manually, computers are obviously only as inteligent as the people who program them, not very in this case, I bet he has to undo his zip to count to 11

I had that once on a complicated hotel bill that seemed to have lots of random charges - I said "and what's this 7.45?" and the receptionist said her best receptionist voice "that's the time, sir."
Doh!

the older geeks may remember the term 'GIGO'

Last edited:
didn't Tony Blair say:

"Education, education, education"??

this young man can't have been listening :)

computer says.... little britain, and young people without the power of independant thought, thats why we get taught maths at school so when a computer gives as an answer we can guage whether it is correct or not as we can work it out manually, computers are obviously only as inteligent as the people who program them, not very in this case, I bet he has to undo his zip to count to 11

:rolleyes: :) :devil:

wallingd I assume you have just marked my post, is that 71/74??

Whats wrong with thats please miss?

and you all missed gives as an answer rather than gives us an answer

I read somewhere it was rude to correct spelling mistakes made in internet forums and on emails and the club rules also say nothing on spelling

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom