You'll never guess...........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
This week I have been driven mad by a rattle from around the centre dash area. To fair the rattle was more like a skid knock sound when the car accelerated or braked.

Having had several pokes around during the week, I resolved that today I would cure this noise.

First empty car of every movable object CDs, touch etc. Test Drive. Nope.
Then remove Gear surround and carbon trim snd window switches. Test Drive, nope still there.

Then remove oddments tray and ash tray. Test drive. Nope

Then remove CD player and cage and leads and top dash trim. Test drive nope!!!!

Remove phone console and wiring. Test Drive. NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

The noise is still their to the right of passenger footwell, left of centre dash.

What else can I remove from that area???????

Carpet!!! Test drive . NOPE :mad: :mad:

Its still there!!!!!!!!!!!ArHHHHHHH

Whats left? Air con ducting!!!!!!

removed the duct. Huge rattle inside. tip out to find my sons. Popper point pen . It must have been dropped on the floor in the rear, entered the ducting under the passenger seat then worked its way forward to the front right of the passenger footwell.

Test drive. FOUND IT :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Decided to clean the dismantled car, as I put it back together again. I now have a spotless, silent!!! car interior!!!! YAH :bannana:

Makes you smile doesnt it? I have to aplaud the dedication, if it was my son I think I would have brained him, well tried to, he is 24 :eek: Bet the motor looks mint now, result!

It's amazing what I have found in these over the years! :D

Good dedication though Greg - glad you got it sorted! :bannana:

Will

R2D2 said:
...First empty car of every movable object CDs, touch etc.

Perhaps first confiscate all moveable objects from son before entering car would be more appropriate :D
Les

R2D2 said:
This week I have been driven mad by a rattle from around the centre dash area. To fair the rattle was more like a skid knock sound when the car accelerated or braked.

Having had several pokes around during the week, I resolved that today I would cure this noise.

First empty car of every movable object CDs, touch etc. Test Drive. Nope.
Then remove Gear surround and carbon trim snd window switches. Test Drive, nope still there.

Then remove oddments tray and ash tray. Test drive. Nope

Then remove CD player and cage and leads and top dash trim. Test drive nope!!!!

Remove phone console and wiring. Test Drive. NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

The noise is still their to the right of passenger footwell, left of centre dash.

What else can I remove from that area???????

Carpet!!! Test drive . NOPE :mad: :mad:

Its still there!!!!!!!!!!!ArHHHHHHH

Whats left? Air con ducting!!!!!!

removed the duct. Huge rattle inside. tip out to find my sons. Popper point pen . It must have been dropped on the floor in the rear, entered the ducting under the passenger seat then worked its way forward to the front right of the passenger footwell.

Test drive. FOUND IT :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Decided to clean the dismantled car, as I put it back together again. I now have a spotless, silent!!! car interior!!!! YAH :bannana:
One tenth inspiration, nine tenths perspiration...the definition of determination

R2D2 said:

I have a rattle just like that Greg.
Care to clean........I mean.........do mine for me?????? :D

go on with ya! Your car gets cleaned even more often than mine!

R2D2 said:
This week I have been driven mad by a rattle from around the centre dash area.

My C270 has a strange rattle from the central dash area. It sounds like a grass strimmer. It rasps in tune with the engine revs. I just cannot find the source of the rattle ?

My motor is in the dealership as we speak getting the battery recall done so I've asked them if they can find out what it is.

The rattle seems to be coming from just behind the middle air vents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom