your first car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mk 1 Cortina 1965 C reg......in several different shades of Red it was the 1096 cc push rod engine that wouldn't even reach 70 mph but it was dry inside and somewhere to take the girls as I still lived at home with my parents ;)

That scooter pic posted above was not one of the mainstream Lambretta Li range it was a Cento from the J range and used a different engine and gearbox. They were not a great success and only built for a few years in the mid 60's I remember it well because I bought a non runner at 15 years old to pull to bits and put back together again. The gearbox splines were trashed which I think was a common fault.

lamcento.jpg

My first car, a 1968 Vauxhall Victor FD 1600.
bought sometime in 1979!

bench front seat:rock:, ..... first thing I did was add a tape player.....

- who needs command 🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• 3B145367-3D9C-4DAA-9A85-C53CA4CC647F.jpeg
    3B145367-3D9C-4DAA-9A85-C53CA4CC647F.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 1
Bright red 1960 mini for £100. its what I wanted (after painting the roof black and fitting a Morris cooper grill) and of course suited the lowest of budgets even though they paid for it. Minis were still pretty cool at the time 1969) And so my endless journey to faster and faster cars began peaking with a 993 turbo and then slowly going into reverse since retirement.

My first car, a 1968 Vauxhall Victor FD 1600.
bought sometime in 1979!

bench front seat:rock:, ..... first thing I did was add a tape player.....

- who needs command 🤣🤣🤣
I had an estate version, which after fitting a rebuilt engine was a very decent car. Lost it in the snow on the way home from work one dark winter evening. Repaired it, but it was never quite right after that. Went for scrap in the end.

1987 i passed my test and bought a Peugot 505 Sti in brown with brown tweed interior - was a lovely first car with 2ltr RWD action & a massive sunroof...
Paid £650 from an old chap in the village - loved it....until i put it through a hedge backwards...

My first car in 1964 £5.00 bargain off my dads mate Austin10 LITCHIELD
Bought this on 16 years ago to relive my youth!!

Attachments

• CA873A0B-AFE0-47CA-AF80-66647C7FB40B.jpeg
    CA873A0B-AFE0-47CA-AF80-66647C7FB40B.jpeg
    272.6 KB · Views: 4
  • F8C2F80A-9F27-463C-8414-F6B554FDC491.jpeg
    F8C2F80A-9F27-463C-8414-F6B554FDC491.jpeg
    210.9 KB · Views: 5
My first car was a 1973 Mini Clubman which I converted to Stage 2 1275GT spec. I'd learnt a bit of spannering on a Mini-based kit car I co-owned with some mates and took all the good bits to build my own car.

It was fun but a bit rubbish.

Entirely my own idea.

My First car was a 1.1 Silver Fiat Punto MK1 blue cloth interior.. loved it to bits... remember having a full car and boot full and still managed to get 80 mph out of it on the motorway fuel economy was excellent £10 nearly lasted me a month local driving

My first car in 1964 £5.00 bargain off my dads mate Austin10 LITCHIELD
Bought this on 16 years ago to relive my youth!!
I’d love to do that, but would need to get rid of the “tribute” three wheeler first!

My first "car" was an a35 van,it was a company vehicle,which was very tail happy.I had access to it evenings and weekends,I also rode a company owned lambretta li150.

Triumph Vitesse 2-litre mk 1 (with overdrive - 6 forward gears in a 1967 car!). Most of the time I had it, it had no reverse. However, a) I lived in Bristol at the time which is quite hilly and I used to park facing uphill, using gravity to do the reversing and b) it had an incredibly small turning circle, so it wasn't as much of a problem as it might otherwise have been.

L reg Ford Orion. And it only went downhill from there 🤦‍♂️

My beloved Fiesta!

It was a 1.4 petrol, with 17" Wolfrace alloys and some 'Audi style' headlights! :D Not to mention the smoked out rear lights and a big fat exhaust!

Pretty safe to say I wouldn't be caught dead in it now but at the time, lets just say it was period correct ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1390.jpg
    IMG_1390.jpg
    598.1 KB · Views: 5
Willys jeep way back in `55. Cars were n/a.. Olive green, big star and numbers on the bonnet. Did 16mpg, but petrol was 5 gallons (not litres) to the £1. Cost me £40.

Moggy 1000 in black (weren't they all) handed down from a cousin who was heading back to Oz after teaching here for a year.
3 weeks after I took ownership, it went for an MOT and was found to be rotten as a pear ( weren't they all)
I sold it to a guy who just put his plates on it and continued to drive it around. Mine had distinctive red wheels so it was easily identifiable with its new plates.

'73 Hillman Imp in 1985. Paid 90 quid for it. Had it 3 months before writing it off in the wet ...ahem :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom