Your first Mercedes Purchase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If i gave you a neg rep point , i would say....

I have just had my first from persons unknown over the other thread 'Mercedes Drivers....' so i agree, if you are going to neg rep someone at least say who you are, don't be a coward .

Stats , i'm sure you're a nice guy really , and i expect i just have mis-understood your wording... so lets just forget about it shall we ? Lifes to short and today is too hot to be bickering over an imagined slight....

H

MangoMan said:
Well, if you look carefully and concentrate hard, (no offence), it's there at number 18, you know, where it says 'AT LAST'.

And as you said yourself, and I quote 'I just wondered how you all came into Mercedes ownership and what was your first car? So I just listed my first & last showing how I came to own my first Merc.

Sorry, but you should be more precise as to what you posted, so you get the responses that you want other people to give, rather than their own view.

Cheers.....and 'Good-Night'............

Hey Mangoman

I understood why you posted the whole caboodle and it's actually a pretty interesting list. I note there is some pretty old metal in there due to you being in Rhodesia.

I saw the relevance of No 18. Well done on being a long term convert.

Just to make Bill feel better then :D

1) Fiesta 1.3 Ghia (sold on in part ex for no' 2 - silly sales bloke thought it only had 23K on the clock. He was 100,000 miles out....)
2) Fiesta XR2 - Made in Germany, as opposed to 1), which was Dagenham. Difference? It didn't rust.
3) Fiat Bravo - company car. An insufferable piece of Italian dog do. I cannot describe how much I hated this car.
4) Toyota Avensis - company car. It drank 5-7 litres of oil every 10K (dealer: they all do that), had 3 steering racks, 4 stereos, 2 seats. Not built to last.
5) E240
6) 500SL

Greg

Hammerhead said:
My first post here and my first MB as well. Well after 3 Porsches (944>968>Boxster) I've landed myself lovely W209 CLK 320 Avantgarde with all the trimmings. Bloody lovely thing it is too :) OK, not as sharp through the corners as the Box but thoroughly excellent in all other areas. Deeply impressed with it so far.

Best,

Steve

Hi Hammerhead. Welcome to the forums. Hope you're still with the 968 forums as well? :)

Hi, well I just picked up my first Merc today. I did look into trading in my company car for a private Merc a couple of years back but with the mileage I was doing at the time it wasn't ecconomical. Last Sept, I packed up work though and went to Uni full time and have been without a car until today (do have a motorbike but not always practical).

Feeling a burning need for a cheap but reliable workhorse I decided a '94 250D (93 style) would be ideal and just arrived home with it.

It was obvious when I saw it that it had several faults but I didn't see any I couldn't live with or sort - until the drive home that is.

So, it looks like I'm about to become the latest pest who'll be seeking information and advice from you guys. But I'll try to split up the problems and post them in the appropriate sections.

Anyway, nice to be here........so far

Must choose an avatar sometime too....

Got my first MB on March 10th and this forum has been a great help already.

Got the DVD "in motion" working and the nokia car kit working correctly - all I need how is a VER 5 Navi disk!!

P1010001.JPG

My first (and only so far) MB was a 1971 250CE. Loved it to bits, but lost it to one of my ex-wifes during the dreaded divorce. As previuos posts, I am now moving, and when I've finally settled, I will be looking for another. Still can't decide whether or not to go practical (W124 Estate), or go public with my mid-life crisis and get another coupe !

barrie013 said:
Still can't decide whether or not to go practical (W124 Estate), or go public with my mid-life crisis and get another coupe !

Life's too short mate, go for the latter:D

Portzy.

Remember, the only person you have to justify your actions to is yourself, so fill your boots and buy what you will enjoy the most. Wish you loads of enjoyable driving regardless of the model as long as its a Merc.

Got my first Merc in February. E320 CDi Estate, 2000. Wish I had read this forum before the purchase as I am now starting the "is this rust covered under warranty" conversation with my local dealership.

I was contemplating a new Polo a few years ago but the VW dealer really did my head in over the deal so, on the way back home, I saw the MB dealership, called in, and was bowled over with the C Class coupe and went on to buy one. So, with me it was purely by chance but, despite recent events I'm still smitten.

The list is thus:

June 2003 C Class coupe C200K with Evolution Pack, auto, and glass roof. Now gone.

September 2005 SLK 280 with the odd toy here and there. Still here and I'm sure she winks and grins at me every day.

A Class A150 Avangarde SE. Came last week as a replacement for the Polo. Nice car, comfy, and perfect for seaside trips and rattling up and down the A64 etc.

Portzy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom