Your garage - one car. Which one ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was in Tesco (Leominster) recently and there actually was a Bentayga parked there!
You might have been in Morrisons, Co-op or Aldi, but there is no Tesco in Leominster, it's far too low rent for Tesco.

Yes 100% I would want an f40. Why not?

I was treated to a passenger seat run out in one when the M40 was still being built. The car was owned (at that time) by Maranello in Egham. I was in there buying some bits for my 348 and asked if I could have a sit in their f40. Their reply was to offer me a seat at a photo shoot the next day. What a day it was and what a car it is. I still smile when I think about it. Draw string door handles and more carbon fibre than I have ever seen. The noise is just awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The engine in the F40 was/is fabulous. I have never driven one on the road, but I did get to rag one around all the available circuits at Millbrook proving ground....:cool:
As part of the development of the XJ220 we 'had' to compare all the possible competitors vehicles to bench mark our own. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it...
Whilst I was very impressed with the linear power delivery of the engine, the handling was very nervous on the limit and the build quality and construction was on par with a formula Ford car.....but it was very red, very evocative and extremely Ferrari.

The engine in the F40 was/is fabulous. I have never driven one on the road, but I did get to rag one around all the available circuits at Millbrook proving ground....:cool:
As part of the development of the XJ220 we 'had' to compare all the possible competitors vehicles to bench mark our own. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it...
Whilst I was very impressed with the linear power delivery of the engine, the handling was very nervous on the limit and the build quality and construction was on par with a formula Ford car.....but it was very red, very evocative and extremely Ferrari.
I remember seeing the XJ220 during its development at Millbrook and at another time an XJR9 doing 0-100-0 in very short order!
The hill route is great fun in a nice motor. Most enjoyment I've had around it was in a Mk5 Golf GTi, big smiles to be had there. I was also lucky enough to have few laps in a 575M Maranello (that we had on loan for a while) and an Aston Martin Rapide at different times.

I believe Ferrari used a “lightweight” paint on the bodywork? Certainly you could see the carbon weave through the paint.

The interior is (standard) little different to any race car. With some pretty rough carbon edges on display. The one I was in was a factory built car and was spartan. No niceties at all in the interior it had a sort of cardboard carpet that I think was there just to stop feet slipping in the foot wells. It also had a race foot test in the passenger well. Sliding Perspex windows and the pull cord door openers.

The noise was just sublime with the induction sound right behind your ears.

I did ask if I could have a drive. But their insurers were on site and it was just not going to happen [emoji48]

I did get to drive Mika Salo’s Bright Yellow 355, which he was gifted by Ferrari and used as a daily driver.

I'm guessing everyone posting 2 seater sports cars is also buying bus passes for the family. :D
I didn't really consider that initially... :)

If I couldn't keep another car, I really don't know what I'd rather have over the C250d we already have. It does pretty much everything we want. I guess a C43 4matic version would be a bolder tick in the performance box (the missus really doesn't want a C63). But on balance I quite like what we have.

If the car actually has to fit in our garage, the MX-5 that's already in there will do for now and Avis if more seats required.

You might have been in Morrisons, Co-op or Aldi, but there is no Tesco in Leominster, it's far too low rent for Tesco.

:confused: That’s funny, I’d have sworn it’s a Tesco! I don’t pass through there very often though. Presumably I’m thinking of Morrisons then: the big one on the West side of town anyway. Bentayga owners there don’t get much of a supermarket choice do they...

:confused: That’s funny, I’d have sworn it’s a Tesco! I don’t pass through there very often though. Presumably I’m thinking of Morrisons then: the big one on the West side of town anyway. Bentayga owners there don’t get much of a supermarket choice do they...

Our local (Female) Bentayga owner parks her pink one on double yellow lines outside the village Tesco Metro.

I remember seeing the XJ220 during its development at Millbrook and at another time an XJR9 doing 0-100-0 in very short order!
The hill route is great fun in a nice motor. Most enjoyment I've had around it was in a Mk5 Golf GTi,

Andy Wallace and I spent a lot of time on the hill route in the XJ220 working on, amongst other things, getting the car to fly level...yes really!
A few small tweaks with the damping and weight distribution and Andy could repeatedly land the car on all four wheels after any of the crests.
I got to drive (and be driven by) many race drivers around that track. The most impressive was Le Mans winning and Nurburgring lap record holder John Nielsen.
On his very first lap on the circuit he read the road in three dimensions, using the compressions to extract extra grip in cornering and judging the grip level over crests to perfection. It took most of the others a number of laps to be able to do this. Around the 'Ring he was spell binding!

Andy Wallace and I spent a lot of time on the hill route in the XJ220 working on, amongst other things, getting the car to fly level...yes really!
A few small tweaks with the damping and weight distribution and Andy could repeatedly land the car on all four wheels after any of the crests.
I got to drive (and be driven by) many race drivers around that track. The most impressive was Le Mans winning and Nurburgring lap record holder John Nielsen.
On his very first lap on the circuit he read the road in three dimensions, using the compressions to extract extra grip in cornering and judging the grip level over crests to perfection. It took most of the others a number of laps to be able to do this. Around the 'Ring he was spell binding!
A few of the blind crests require a fair bit of confidence for sure, even at the 50mph limit (which of course I never exceeded....).

The quickest driver I've ever sat in with so far is Domenico "Mimmo" Schiattarella in an F430 around the Fiorano circuit at Maranello. After the initial oh sh!t moment as he did a one-handed power slide at silly speed +1 in the first right-hander, it was really good fun and very instructive.

I would have this car:

40e96750e073128e344e47abe258c9b4.jpg

And this one would come close second

26f8dde825963edfcb0b9ee79f272eee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Well my choice is simple ,my TOMMI MAK

Brilliant car. Great choice. Is it yours?

There is one that live close to me, in Kent in the village of Bredhurst. It is owned and driven by a blonde lady who together make a striking combination.

I suspect I'd lean towards either a Wraith (in the current absence of a Phantom coupe), or an EXRS
Bowler_02pop.jpg

One car for absolutely everything? ML63.

If you ask me again, say this time next year, then the NEW GLE63.

One car for almost everything? Then a Ferrari FF.

My Porsche Boxster. Us OAP`s need to have a sensible car in the garage after all.

Brilliant car. Great choice. Is it yours?

There is one that live close to me, in Kent in the village of Bredhurst. It is owned and driven by a blonde lady who together make a striking combination.

Yes mate it’s mine ,I’ve had it 14 years and only 38,000 miles on the clock ,knocking out around 600bhp and around 500 torques,not many in the country left ,I’ve only Ever seen one on the road since I’ve owned it

As GeeJayW , I was only thinking about the merits of my C250d 4matic the other day and came to the conclusion that it ticks all the boxes - 4 doors , 4wd, 40mpg, 207bhp ,500nm torque, smooth ,quiet drive (18"wheels instead of 19" with runflats) and loaded with all the toys (p plus).Only downside is the not too pretty front end . Would I swop for a 911 GT4 - yeeeeeees , but there again back to reality - mid sixties with 2 grandchildren , C250 will suffice.
Might consider C43 with the C63 front end.

Last edited:
I'm guessing everyone posting 2 seater sports cars is also buying bus passes for the family. :D
Got a 2 seater for our daily driver, kids grown up so can buy their own ;-)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

959 or Ruf ctr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom