• They are great, a well needed update. I preferred the look of the old place

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • I do not like them. They are too much of a radical redesign

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • I do not like them. I don't know why this is the case

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Someone actually voted - I do not like them. I don't know why this is the case - how extraordinary.

Square avatars are indeed much nicer and don't crop out bits of my old avatar. Otherwise very happy with everything about the new forum, although my vote would better be described as a great well needed update, that looks better than the old place (apart from the avatar). I ticked option 1 as the closest fit!

Vin

First, thank you for taking the time and huge effort to try and improve on what what was already a great forum.

Time and experience will tell for me. I find the screen very 'busy' which may just be me? This is especially true when viewing on my iphone. I cannot seem to easily locate what I expect to locate, without a fair degree of searching around the screen:

How do I PM somebody?

When I reply to a thread, then go back to new posts? Both the thread and my reply are not visible on the screen and do not appear again as 'new posts' for some time?

I was used to going into the old forum and hitting 'new posts'. This would immediately bring me up to date with what had been posted since my last visit. Is there a setting I am missing?

How do I PM somebody?

When I reply to a thread, then go back to new posts? Both the thread and my reply are not visible on the screen and do not appear again as 'new posts' for some time?

I was used to going into the old forum and hitting 'new posts'. This would immediately bring me up to date with what had been posted since my last visit. Is there a setting I am missing?

Click on their name and a 'Start a Conversation' tab is there in the box. OR...Click on your 'inbox' and a 'Start a New Conversation' tab is at the bottom. Filling in the first three letters, or so, of a recipient will provide the name.

BTW, they're not PM's anymore. They're conversations...and me and Vinny and Karl can read every word you say so be very careful out there...:devil:

And...

You're right, a quicker refresh of new posts would be an advantage.

I found the new forum very easy to adapt to, this might be because I use online processes of many different companies every working day and have become adept at becoming familiar with different sites very quickly.
I can appreciate that I would find the change difficult if the forum was my only or main website for daily use.
Our membership is ageing and I suppose that we should expect some gripes.

Maybe the forum solution provider could have (maybe already have) produced a Q&A which could have been pinned in a prominent place for a few months while some members caught up with the others?

Edited to add:
I miss the lurker list at the foot of each thread.

Generally, I hate change :rolleyes:. But soon got used to the new look forum.
No complaints from me.

Did I read somewhere that to post pictures now, you just copy the link ? No BB code needed?

I seem to have already forgotton the old format and assimilated the new one into the grey matter.
My only comment is that, I think the date of the post should be more visible (Koolvin, Yesterday at 5:10 PM) like this , now I have copied it from above ^ . Otherwise it is quite feint.
In a bolder format it is then easier to see when someone has resurrected an old post.
Also a broader gap between posts and the stickies.

Steve

PS tried to edit the above post (#31) to add the hover text 'Shopping Link Added By Skim Words' but got a message stating the requested post could not be found.

PS tried to edit the above post (#31) to add the hover text 'Shopping Link Added By Skim Words' but got a message stating the requested post could not be found.
I’ll fix that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom