Your opinion on buying CLK 200 (2009) A209

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Another example is the 2003 Suzuki Ignis that my mate had to cough up 3 large for last year!

He’s the guy that’s got an immaculate Evo 2 Integrale and a 1982 Alfasud in the U.K. so you can imagine how he feels.
What makes the user car market so expensive?
Import taxes?

What makes the user car market so expensive?
Import taxes?
I think so.

We wanted to put our British registered W202 on Greek plates but there is a tax on that as well which was actually illegal at the time (EU rules). Hence the reason we bought the Dacia.

I think so.

We wanted to put our British registered W202 on Greek plates but there is a tax on that as well which was actually illegal at the time (EU rules). Hence the reason we bought the Dacia.
Good to know that Greece like almost every EU member state) follows its own rules!

Good to know that Greece like almost every EU member state) follows its own rules!
The import tax was a percentage of its new price and it didn’t take into consideration the how old or what condition the car was in at the time of wanting to re-register it.

Another example is the 2003 Suzuki Ignis that my mate had to cough up 3 large for last year!

He’s the guy that’s got an immaculate Evo 2 Integrale and a 1982 Alfasud in the U.K. so you can imagine how he feels.
Wonder how much it is to ship cars to Cyprus.... ;)
Here is a link to the A209 cars in the market here so you guys can understand me and give me your opinion better :)

No idea but you’ll pay a shed load of duty!
We didn't have to pay much if I was bringing a car from the UK until the New Year, but since then everyrhing changed and you's pay alot of money for customs and tax due to Brexit

Hi everyone,

Thinking of buying a 2008 high mileage 2009 clk coupe. Anyone know what kind of price I will be looking at for cam chain replacement? Current mileage on car 140.000 ?

Any advice much appreciated

Hi everyone,

Thinking of buying a 2008 high mileage 2009 clk coupe. Anyone know what kind of price I will be looking at for cam chain replacement? Current mileage on car 140.000 ?

Any advice much appreciated
Don't think the 220 is prone to this issue. Only the 200K. others may know better of course.

Cam chain replacement on Mercedes-Benz clk 220 coupe. Coming across conflicting reports. Mercedes-Benz advise these chains to be replaced around 150k miles and some dealer's saying, last the life of engine? This seems like a, hold your breath once you reache 151k it may last to 200k? No real definite answer. Engine on my prospective car is a OM646 .

I don’t get it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Originally in reply to "We didn't have to pay much if I was bringing a car from the UK until the New Year, but since then everyrhing changed and you's pay alot of money for customs and tax due to Brexit"

When moving abroad to certain countries. Heard someone on radio this morning quote the cost of 25k to relocate her animals. Merc maybe cheaper 🤔

Originally in reply to "We didn't have to pay much if I was bringing a car from the UK until the New Year, but since then everyrhing changed and you's pay alot of money for customs and tax due to Brexit"

When moving abroad to certain countries. Heard someone on radio this morning quote the cost of 25k to relocate her animals. Merc maybe cheaper 🤔
Ok.

Wonder if the OP bought the CLK with the stapled roof ?

Have you considered a BMW E46 convertible instead? Better car than the CLK in my view. I'll get my coat.
I really like BMW’s of this era in terms of how they look and drive but to use as a daily runner now they are this old, pass!

Walk away OP,,,
plenty more and a new roof could be just the start of your paying out,,,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom