Your opinion on these bits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Barryh

Car
slk350 with airscarf plus E280CDI Sport Est
RichardM sent me these pictures of a prospective purchase .A 11 month old SLK 350.

Is this acceptable.Will it clean up.I somehow dont think so and am going to reject the deal unless they are replaced.

Any comments?

Attachments

• DSC01318 (Large).JPG
    DSC01318 (Large).JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC01320 (Large).JPG
    DSC01320 (Large).JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 121
ask for new bolts from dealer i think this is a common problem ! is it a mb dealer? regards jon)ps if it is it will all be sorted out and make sur the brakes are sorted to

Last edited:
ask for new bolts from dealer i think this is a common problem ! is it a mb dealer? regards jon)ps if it is it will all be sorted out and make sur the brakes are sorted to

MB Direct

they should sort that out no problems ..point it out and have another good look around the car

they should sort that out no problems ..point it out and have another good look around the car

What is your opinion on the discs,repair or replace?

What is your opinion on the discs,repair or replace?
should be alright after a few miles of dabbing the brakes gently they will probably do that but if when you pick up the car and you are not happy complain:eek: regards jon

Last edited:
With ordinary driving most if not all of that rust will come off the discs as it's only on the surface. Get new wheel bolts, drive it for a while & it will look peachy :cool:

Brake discs shouldn't be a problem, they get like that very quickly. Once you take it out for a drive and apply the brakes a few times it will go away, it's normal for them to do that when the car is left standing. The brake discs on our W203 looks like that if we don't use it for a week or so. So noticeable with the more open wheel designs such as those and AMGs. Definitely get them to replace all the wheel bolts though - also a common MB issue, lets down the look of the car & wheel.

Brake discs shouldn't be a problem, they get like that very quickly. Once you take it out for a drive and apply the brakes a few times it will go away, it's normal for them to do that when the car is left standing. The brake discs on our W203 looks like that if we don't use it for a week or so. So noticeable with the more open wheel designs such as those and AMGs. Definitely get them to replace all the wheel bolts though - also a common MB issue, lets down the look of the car & wheel.

ANd the caliperbolts?

new bolt pack and the discs should clean up after a good run and a good wash, caliper bolts should clean up as well as its surface rust formed while its been left sitting. as its a dealer they should in theory replace the parts if requested. My CLK brakes were changed as it looked like they were scored, and that was done without any hassle by the dealer.

My calliper bolts are like that - well at least one per side anyway ?

I was thinking about sorting them out too - let me know how they clean up.

Andy :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

sorry Im in a fruity mood

have you sorted thie issue out yet ??????????

Hi I think this car may have been in a flood? lots of water about last year just looks bad for 11 months have looked at slk 350 54 plate 9k looked like new.My C Class sport Coup'e is not that bad 2002 25k stood out in the rain all last year.Think Hard has it been looked after?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom