Your opinion?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mobb

Car
CLK55 AMG - E92 M3
Im in the process of buying these for my CLK. I have always wanted a pair of these wheels for my car and dont have 3K+ to spend on wheels and couldn't justify that anyway :crazy:

Picture of the wheels, for reference;

billyw124-albums-gtg-pcs-part-2-picture4290-img-4401.jpg

So I have decidied on a set of reps that are currently on eBay.. They have Nokian tyres on them.. Good or bad?

I have only ever fitted goodyear or continental tyres on my cars.. However I did buy a car some years ago planning on buying new tyres for it aswell and the budget tyres that It had on it had cracks in the walls and were unsafe after just 4K miles. :crazy:

So the questions are;

What do you think about the wheels? How is best to go about getting them fitted? (Rolling arches, new stretched tyres?, keep the nokians on?)

Are nokian tyres decent? how much isit for a set of 4?

Do you believe that £650 pounds is a good price to pay for the wheels and tyres ?

Wheels being purchased seen here; Mercedes AMG Split rim style with new tyres suit SL SEC | eBay UK

Questions are generally aimed at anyone looking, whats your opinion, will they look good or bad?

Have you had a good or bad experience with Nokian tyres?

Last edited:
Nokian tyres are good but please Mobb: Don't barry up your car! Stick to the genuine article mate, it's worth holding out for a proper set of rims.

Nokian tyres are good but please Mobb: Don't barry up your car! Stick to the genuine article mate, it's worth holding out for a proper set of rims.

I would be prepared to buy these ones

18" AMG 2 PIECE MERCEDES ALLOYS SL R129 SEC SPLIT RIMS | eBay UK

They are genuine and exactly what I want.. But they are 2K Alone and with the tyres that I want the bill would be around 2.6K in total!

I cant justify 2.6K on alloys and tyres, Ill never see it back.

I believe that the owner of the wheels listed above is on the forums? Correct me if im wrong.

I would consider buying them If the price was around 1.35 - 1.5.

The ones pictured in your post were reps.

You see the rest of the car took the attention away, it was only the third time looking around i noticed they were reps.

just shows that on a car as nice as that you would 'expect' it to be original. just a thought. But yes wallet pays a huge factor, depends how you want to go.

The ones pictured in your post were reps.

You see the rest of the car took the attention away, it was only the third time looking around i noticed they were reps.

just shows that on a car as nice as that you would 'expect' it to be original. just a thought. But yes wallet pays a huge factor, depends how you want to go.

Yes I know they are reps, I had to look twice to notice.

I know, I am debating buying the genuine ones, its just the fact that I know when it comes to (if it comes to) the sale of the car I would never see the money back and even if I was to sell the rims separately it would take me ages to sell them (The genuine wheels that I linked to on eBay have been on there for at least 5 months!)

By no means do I want to "barry up" my car I just dont know whether I want to pay that kind of money for wheels that are genuine and compared to the reps only have an AMG logo on the face of them to differentiate them from the reps..

If money was not an object id go and buy the Original F1 Safety Car..

£3k on wheels as you say you will never get that back even if they are 6k from Mercedes...

There is a lot of talk on reps v real ones, as far as I can tell neither last any longer, neither offer more protection against kerbs, and in ALL honestly would you know the difference driving your car?

£750 per corner for a wheel and tyre sounds an awful lot. Its all relative I know.

You can always put it back to the orginals when you sell it so no loss, you will also get far nearer £600 a set of wheels / tyres than £3000 when you come to sell them.

£3k on wheels as you say you will never get that back even if they are 6k from Mercedes...

There is a lot of talk on reps v real ones, as far as I can tell neither last any longer, neither offer more protection against kerbs, and in ALL honestly would you know the difference driving your car?

£750 per corner for a wheel and tyre sounds an awful lot. Its all relative I know.

You can always put it back to the orginals when you sell it so no loss, you will also get far nearer £600 a set of wheels / tyres than £3000 when you come to sell them.

My point exactly.. Its not "can I really afford to spend 3K on wheels and tyres" Its more do I really want to just to know they are genuine? No.. As you say A210AMG - When and if it comes to sale time of the wheels alone I will get 450 - 600 Pounds for them aslong as their condition is good, but if I spent 3k on them id be lucky to get £1000 - 1450..

To be honest.. No I wouldn't mind knowing that they were reps at all, they look exaxctly the same, will fit the same and perform the same..

What kind of percentage of people out of the thousands that would see my car on a day to day driving basis would notice and see the differance? :dk:

My guess is the people such as ourselves that actually know the difference between reps and originals.. The other 98% of people wouldn't know and that suits me fine.

The amg body also adds a lot to the overall look of the wheels "if that make's sence"

Mobb: The guy selling the original ones is a member but his alloys are always fresh and he know's his wheels (look at his user name)lol
Is all a mater how quick you want them as original ones do come up on eBay from time to time

Tonight I'll send you a number of a chap that had a set for sale @ a very good price

its just one of those things really, how much will the AMG stamp on the wheels mean to you?

Ok, not so much to you, but how will it compliment the car overall.

I used to have 17' AMG mono reps on my car, I got rid of them simply as it let the car down. Although i moved to 18's and did give it better look.

Your scenario is different to mines when compared to the reps in the style you want vs original.

I see it as this, a vehicle no matter how good is a crap investment, never do stuff to it having it in the back of your mind that your gna make money back. Do stuff because you like to do it. This is where most falter. It's people that do not understand it and the 'why are you bothering' its not worth it chat comes out

back to the wheels AMG v Reps providing your car is in decent shape and you can afford it i would say go for the real deal.

Just the icing on the cake reqally, and to be perfecctly honest the one pictured above has been let down and yes can argue its only certain people who would notice. But like me i think 'hummm' when i see reps on a decent looker.

Alot of money to pay for a 3 letter stamp however hey! Would you pay money for a branded LED TV for example over somthing that is considered replica from Taiwan?

just a thought.

Last edited:
Mobb: The guy selling the original ones is a member but his alloys are always fresh and he know's his wheels (look at his user name)lol
Is all a mater how quick you want them as original ones do come up on eBay from time to time

Tonight I'll send you a number of a chap that had a set for sale @ a very good price

yea its Aka$h

Yeah, I have been looking at his wheels for months and they are very, very nice.. As you say he clearly knows his stuff.

I do want the originals over the reps but if it was going to take months and looked to become lengthly I would go for the reps, with a view to getting some originals, but as you have said, you have a friend with genuine ones, so ill wait for the PM! :thumb:

It's not my friend and don't even know if they're sold but worth a try
I'll pm you the nr tonight when I get home

its just one of those things really, how much will the AMG stamp on the wheels mean to you?

Ok, not so much to you, but how will it compliment the car overall.

I used to have 17' AMG mono reps on my car, I got rid of them simply as it let the car down. Although i moved to 18's and did give it better look.

Your scenario is different to mines when compared to the reps in the style you want vs original.

I see it as this, a vehicle no matter how good is a crap investment, never do stuff to it having it in the back of your mind that your gna make money back. Do stuff because you like to do it. This is where most falter. It's people that do not understand it and the 'why are you bothering' its not worth it chat comes out

back to the wheels AMG v Reps providing your car is in decent shape and you can afford it i would say go for the real deal.

Just the icing on the cake reqally, and to be perfecctly honest the one pictured above has been let down and yes can argue its only certain people who would notice. But like me i think 'hummm' when i see reps on a decent looker.

Alot of money to pay for a 3 letter stamp however hey! Would you pay money for a branded LED TV for example over somthing that is considered replica from Taiwan?

just a thought.

The AMG stamp does have alot of appeal to me and like I have said would definitely prefer the real ones over some reps.. It will compliment the car greatly, obviously.. I agree entirely..

I do things to my car knowing that its making it look better and increasing its appeal.. I dont do things to my cars relating to the resale value. I was just making a point that for something like a set of wheels spending 3K and getting 1K back is a big loss to anyone and its nothing to do with losing money and the car.. Its to do with losing money in general.

Again I agree, I will try and get a set of genuine ones. Its the same for me when I see a car that looks good and has cheap tacky or rep wheels on it. Although it depends on the availability of the wheels that you want and how much they are.. Look at Carlsson alloys. A set of the 1/16's will set you back 3K for a genuine set, yet you can get a rep set for £300!

Thats a fair comparison.. Although the quality of a Non branded TV compared to a Branded high quality TV is going to be very different.

Should the reps be well made, maintained, treated and painted theres not much difference to the originals except from the price tag and the stamp.

Did you call the nr?I hope they're still available

It makes no difference if they are reps or genuine ones to joe black looking at your car. As long as it compliments the overall look, id say go for it. But before you do, just hang on for a while and keep surfing ebay and other sites where people sell wheels as you may find a bargain and then kick yourself for getting reps that cost you almost the same.

There are bargains out there, trust me on this one :)

Bump for that number. :)

Bear with me till later please,don't what happened but only found out this morning that the pm did not go through

Bear with me till later please,don't what happened but only found out this morning that the pm did not go through

No worries. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom