Your Own Product Recommendations.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Perhaps need to get my head out of the sand and try some other products.

have used Carlack and Collinite 915 for years with the occasional polish with Poorboys Blackhole
If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. From your picture, you're getting a great result from your current product combo:cool:

Perhaps need to get my head out of the sand and try some other products.

have used Carlack and Collinite 915 for years with the occasional polish with Poorboys Blackhole
Collinite 915 is brilliant stuff, it’s probably the easiest to apply wax I’ve ever used and it takes minimal product per application

This thread could turn out to be a wallet burner😄.

Am currently using Gtechniq products for shampoo, and for wheels, glass and tyres, as the car has Gtechniq ceramic coating.

Might try what Big Jase uses on his tyres though, looks a nice finish.

That’s a beauty, I’m not a fan of black alloys, but on yours it goes very well, perfect combo, good taste Jase.
I didn't have much choice. I buckled one on a pot hole so bought a spare.

The spare then cracked so in the meantime i had the buckled one straightened but as it had been diamond cut previously there wasn't enough metal left to do it again.

I didn't want them silver or grey as the lower specced amg line edition was silver or grey so black it was 🤷🏻‍♂️. So all the rest went black to match it. Tis what it is

This thread could turn out to be a wallet burner😄.

Am currently using Gtechniq products for shampoo, and for wheels, glass and tyres, as the car has Gtechniq ceramic coating.

Might try what Big Jase uses on his tyres though, looks a nice finish.

s-l500.jpg

515Vr3ZTBSL._AC_.jpg

There are 2 types

Finish on Hot Tyre Shine is better. However Endurance lasts longer. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Both decent enough

Really can't go wrong with the Megs Tyre Gel, a bottle lasts years! Only thing I've found is you can't over apply as it can fling off the wheel, bit of a buff afterwards does the trick.

Another recommendation here, Autoglym Magma which is a fallout remover. Can be used on the bodywork if you're doing a proper detail but good on very dirty wheels.

y9RypMZ.jpg

I wouldn't bother on wheels that are just a bit dirty as mitt and shampoo would work but on these....

uiXtjmR.jpg

There's lots of fallout removers around, I just like this one as it doesn't smell awful and you can grab a bottle in Halfords if you need some.

Hi All,

Some really lovely shiny beasts out there! My friend shows his vehicles and they always look amazing, lately he has been showing a big black yankee thing, but the finish is perfect, I have a black car so i asked him what he uses?

Poorboys World Black Hole Poorboy's World Black Hole Show Glaze (473ml & 946ml)

Followed by Poorboys World Nutty Black Paste wax Poorboy’s World Natty’s Black Paste Wax - Poorboy's World

I have to say that my SL500 looks great ( And so does my 23 year old Yamaha XJR 1300 ! )

Most Poorboys stuff is very good, Black Hole is definitely up there. I liked the Natty's wax although it's very soft and I over applied it but that's more me than the product haha.

The original….

Triplewax Wash N Wax!

My car wash routine has remained the same for some years, until I was bought a Autoglym kit for my birthday recently.

I have used Autoglym and other products for many years, but this kit contained Rapid Ceramic spray.
I have used the extra gloss protection previously, but this has now taken over as my final coat and rapid detailer.
It is so easy to apply, takes almost no time to buff and leaves a high gloss finish better than anything I have tried before.
Amongst all the other products in the kit, this one really stood out, and it takes a lot to impress me! I know it works on both both BMWs and Porsches, so I guess it will work on those other German Mercedes things....

I have some awesome stuff that lasts months, I will go in the shed and see who's it is for you mate later.
Cheers: I've used a few, but never found one I'm really happy with. Looking at Enigma/DodoJuice/Poorboys/Chemical Guys at the moment

I have to say this thread is a godsend, so many different products and views. I’ve been wondering what to put on top of my wax. I have historically used Zymol Concours, but with the weather here in Yorkshire I have reverted to my second choice, Autoglym Super Resin, so it’s nice to see so many positives for this, especially coupled with the Turtle wax, so I bought some of the eBay offer.

I have to say this thread is a godsend, so many different products and views. I’ve been wondering what to put on top of my wax. I have historically used Zymol Concours, but with the weather here in Yorkshire I have reverted to my second choice, Autoglym Super Resin, so it’s nice to see so many positives for this, especially coupled with the Turtle wax, so I bought some of the eBay offer.
Isn’t AG Super Resin a polish ? If it is it’s a pre wax treatment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom