your thoughts on this car/deal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikeouk

Car
2010 bmw 325d m sport coupe.......2007 transit high roof ,LWB......
im hoping to sell my business this week, so my van will have to go and ill be needing a car, my van is just over a year old and i payed £15700 plus vat for it, im expecting a hefty drop but my mate who works for a mb main dealer is prepared to do a straight swap for this
http://www.stratstone.com/vehiclesearch/used/mercedes-benz-used-car-px54hky.html?qs=false
the car is mint, one local owner, theyve had it in stock a while and want to move it on, it seems like a good deal to me, concidering they had it up for £14000 in june.

Am no expert here but that C Class C320 Avantgarde SE 4dr Auto will not be the most desirable car at the moment given the current climate. This is the current Glass trade price, but bear in mind that just about all cars are currently way way behind 'book' price. Not knowing what your van is worth, it doesn't strike me that this is a very good deal. Just my view.

Vehicle details
Valuation details Make Mercedes-Benz Excellent condition £9040 Model C-Class Average condition £8140 Variant
spacer.gif
4 door Saloon Automatic
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Below average condition
spacer.gif
£7250 Engine 3.2 Petrol Retail £11750 Trim C320 Avantgarde SE Cost new £35072 Year/Plate 2005 54 Mileage 50,000

Am no expert here but that C Class C320 Avantgarde SE 4dr Auto will not be the most desirable car at the moment given the current climate. This is the current Glass trade price, but bear in mind that just about all cars are currently way way behind 'book' price. Not knowing what your van is worth, it doesn't strike me that this is a very good deal. Just my view.

i was offered £8000 by a ford dealer. I could put it on ebay ofcourse but id rather just do this deal for quickness and less hassel
i know the 320 engine wont be the most desirable but i wont be doing much mileage and it seems like alot of car for the money

That's the dealer I got my GL320 from. Lovely part of the country!

It is a good looking car, lacking COMAND, but still nice.

That's the dealer I got my GL320 from. Lovely part of the country!

It is a good looking car, lacking COMAND, but still nice.

can you remember the sales mans name? my mate is called mark. I used to work there many moons ago,,,

Salesman was Tim Baalham, I think he has gone now. I sent him an email a few week back and got no response.

I think you're wise to do a deal involving minimum hassle in this current climate - you could be stuck with the van for a while, and presumably you're getting the car with a good warranty.

Of course big petrol engines are not massively popular, but if you're not doing a big mileage I would go for it.

The C320 will go very well, and it looks like a good spec. Nice car. :rock:

Prices are all over the place! How about a 10 mile CLS 320cdi about 8 months old for £28k ? Yes,I know, far too much and they will accept £25k cash !!

If your business is VAT registered don't forget that you will have to charge VAT on the sale of the van so you need to talk to your pal about pricing.

Assuming straight swap means no cash changes hands then at the price the car is listed you are effectively selling the van for £8500 and will have to pay HMRC £1500. They could decide to reduce the price to a more realistic trade value which will save them money on the VAT element of the car and help you at the same time. Worth thinking about.

If your business is VAT registered don't forget that you will have to charge VAT on the sale of the van so you need to talk to your pal about pricing.

Assuming straight swap means no cash changes hands then at the price the car is listed you are effectively selling the van for £8500 and will have to pay HMRC £1500. They could decide to reduce the price to a more realistic trade value which will save them money on the VAT element of the car and help you at the same time. Worth thinking about.

i am vat registered but would need vat on £10000 from the dealer, doesnt realy matter to them because they claim it back anyway

Prices are all over the place! How about a 10 mile CLS 320cdi about 8 months old for £28k ? Yes,I know, far too much and they will accept £25k cash !!

Where is this???

Interested 230K

Bit more info for you...ex demo on 58 plate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom