Your ultimate realistic dream car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I always wanted a 560 SEC AMG since the day I saw one, it's in progress.....still realistically a year or two away until it's completed though.

Like Gucci, I've always fancied a Bentley Arnage, But I'd like the "T".

The C63T AMG will be around early next year probably, which is the only modern car that's taken my attention.

There is one car I want though. One car that I will buy and will stay with me until I die......however, there are more important things for me to do with money right now in this economic climate than buy another money pit.

pp2.jpg

Ferrari 456 M. In red, or maybe that lovely metallic blue. (after 6 years of Mercs, silver is NOT an option)

Have owned a 355 and it was wonderful but impractical so rarely got used. A 456 I would have as an everyday car. Proper supercar with Touring practicality. Everything I could possibly dream of.

Other affordable exotica:
Aston DB7 V12.
Merc CLS with a hooj V8.
67 Mustang. A la Eleanor.

Maybe one day. Great thread though.

Oh, dear. Well, my first and last shall always be a Morgan. A 2-seater. The Plus-8 would be swell, but a +4 would be plenty. When I used to try and save up for one, starting around '72, every time I'd build up half-enough, the market price would double. In fact, thinking back, I believe I got in the habit of double-clutching so I'd be able to deal with a Moss gearbox should the time ever come. I still do, synchromesh be damned.
As for stupid mistakes and near-misses: I had a pair of '53 Cadillacs, a Coupe de Ville and a convertible. I looked at a '67 E-Type, and a '63 Lotus Seven, which had some bracing to the frame at the back corner of the "door" dogleg and had the original wobble-disk wheels, and an extra motor; I passed both of them for a '67 Duetto which I only kept for about a year and still miss.
In Berkeley, there used to be a shop call Fantasy Imports, where I saw a DB-5 for $9,000, and a Miura-S for $14,000, and other tales of heartbreak. And just the cars on the street there would make you faint, back in the late seventies.

Hell, a JAP-engine trike would be swell, too. I'm not fussy.

This Ultima belongs to a friend who has it for £40k if anyone wants to lend me the money???????

Ultima_GTR_orange.jpg

This is my weird fantasy car if the English weather was good enough.

turbotrex2.jpg

This is my new car that arrives in four weeks which has been ny fantasy for a few years now. And yes it is a TVR and it might break down, but what the hell the drive home fron Harrogate should be fun.

800px-Silver_TVR_Sagaris.jpg

Mine would be a Facel Vega Coupe, in Black with red leather interior, loved them since I saw one driven by Paul McGann in the film "Dealers", took ages to find out what it was (in the days before t'intnet)...

0323955001205413228.jpg

I'd love a Bentley Arnage and you can pick one up for a reasonable £40k now. I'm more than happy with my W202 for now while we build our business. With two shops on the go currently and another three planned maybe in 5 or 6 years i'll get my wish :rock:

I suspect I may be "Out of order" here but I often have thought the very same as verytalldave.

I have made some efforts to own my "Dream" cars in the past and I am now of the impression that the "Dream of owning the car" is usually better than actually owning some of them.

So far I've had a 5.3Ltr E-Type series III. Great car (when it worked) but loads of problems with them cos they're old now.

Lotus Esprit Turbo - Again great car for a bit of fun but I soon got bored when it was not quite as comfortable as the CLK or did not start on a cold morning.

Next on my list is a "Magnum" 308 Ferrari. Not out of the realms of possibility but not just yet. I suspect it will go the same way though but I will be able to say I had one.

Perhaps things would be different if I picked a more modern up-to-date "Supercar" but then it would not be my dream..!!

An interesting topic.

My ultimate dream "realistic" car would be a Rolls Royce Phantom VI. Its the last of the truly hand-made Rolls and is beautiful to look at.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolls-Royce_Phantom_VI

pvi-6.jpg

Indeed it would take sometime to save up for since an OK one goes for about £80k and mint ones go for around £120-150k. That would be tens years of saving £10k on average which is not impossible - but then that kind of money could pay of a large chunk of a mortgage...so when push comes to shove it might not be spent on the car at all. Sigh.

I think some are heading off into fantasy land here.........

Remember, this thread is titled Your ultimate realistic dream car.

REALISTIC being the operative word.

Realistic is relative to a persons income.

If you earn say £60k a year, then you'll realistically be able to afford a more expensive dream car than someone who earns £15k.

Given that no one has stated their income then its impossible to tell whether their suggestions are realistic.

Thanks Dave.

I didn't want to spoil anyones dreams here but there are a few cars here that really to push the word 'realistic' to its limit.

Ford GT40 and Gullwing spring to mind!!! :D

However if there are any forum members here who have a GT40 or Gullwing featuring in their 5 year plan please can I be your friend??

Realistic is relative to a persons income.

If you earn say £60k a year, then you'll realistically be able to afford a more expensive dream car than someone who earns £15k.

Given that no one has stated their income then its impossible to tell whether their suggestions are realistic.

Not necessarily. It depends on your disposable income more than your actual.
Someone living with their parents all-found on £15k will be able to buy something more expensive than a £60k family man with kids, wife and a hefty mortgage to support.

ultimate, dream and realistic are not necessarily compatible terms, nor do they need to be.

I like to keep things within reach, life is not elsewhere :D

bond_bug_xpw901h_1.jpg

Ade

Lets not get caught up in the semantics of my original thread! :)

For the purpose of this thread the following definitions will apply.

Ultimate – the car you would have over all others. One you would never imagine selling once you had it.

Dream – the car that you dream about owning and have done regardless of other cars that have gone before or those that have been created since. One that has special meaning to you, your family or a loved one.

Realistic – Obtainable/reachable, in the not to distance future through inheritance, promotion, savings or the like provided your financial situation doesn't take a turn for the worse.

Ultimate........Zonda

Dream.........CL63

Realistic......Ferrari 355 (such a beautiful car)

Well my facel Vega is within the spirit of the post if not the strict letter of the 'law' :cool: .

I day-dream about cars such as these and were I less cautious (stingy:eek: ) I could buy one, but as Comports says often the dream is more enjoyable than the reality, for me once the aspirational (unatainability?)element disappears the allure weakens.

Ultimate........Zonda

Dream.........CL63

Realistic......Ferrari 355 (such a beautiful car)

Have I just confused the issue with my last post....:crazy:

You need to put all three words into a sentence and then choose your car. :D ;)

355 - Very good choice

Still the Cobra for me..........:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom