You're mad to drive a Merc (I didn't say that...!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercy1

Car
It's a car - just a car!
Party chat gets round to winter/snow driving, and my smug, ultra-sensible, VW-driving neighbour launches into his favourite jibe: "Surely, EVERYBODY knows that NO-ONE with any sense will buy a Mercedes or BMW"...Smurk, smurk...
I'll swing for this guy if he makes this very pointed comment again...
Come on guys, give me your best acid retort!!

Life is full of mediocrity - buying a VW proves the point more eloquently than words ever could.

Perhaps you shouldn't be inviting such a crashing bores to your parties. Or attending theirs.

I wonder why the VW chairman, when commissioning the phaeton, used Mercedes as the benchmark.

Now I am confused. :confused:

So the ONLY reason your neighbour likes his VW is the fact in winter for a few days a year his car is front wheel drive? (unless he has a 4motion?)

Like the 99% of time the rest of the year I would rather be in my Merc thanks.

:)

Oh lord please will you buy me a Volkswagen my friends all drive BMW's and Mercedes Benz....

Nope that doesn't work either.

So the ONLY reason your neighbour likes his VW is the fact in winter for a few days a year his car is front wheel drive? (unless he has a 4motion?)

Like the 99% of time the rest of the year I would rather be in my Merc thanks.

You are spot on - that was my comeback but a bit weedy in the put-down stakes. I want something that will REALLY hurt!!!!!:devil:

Like the Peter Drucker quote Mocas - that's in the book!!:bannana:

You could also try: "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, and so is a Mercedes-Benz - but only in the wrong hands. You stick to your safe little VW, old chap."

Tell him that you would rather walk than drive a VW.

Or constantly refer to his VW as a Skoda or Seat. I find this tactic works a treat when confronted by some charmless wit with an Audi.

Which VW model does he drive?

Joking aside I've had VW cars and they are very good, different to a Merc though depends what you want from the car.

So really no need to knock them as Merc / VW's all good best maybe then not to raise to the bait and play it cool and say yes they are good. I have a brochure for the currrent VW pheaton W10 4motion etc etc....

Tell him that you would rather walk than drive a VW.

Or constantly refer to his VW as a Skoda or Seat. I find this tactic works a treat when confronted by some charmless wit with an Audi.

Ee, lad, there's nowt wrong with Škodas!

"But then, not everyone's owned a Mercerdes-Benz, so what do they know?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom